Sign in to follow this  
Ulrezaj

Welcome back everyone

Welcome back, ye lost and weary Einherjar. I'm sure you're sick of the comment box by now, so I humbly present your new forum software.

As to what's been happening, basically, the server that IC.com was residing on was inadvertently formatted. On top of this, due to no one actually being in charge of administration, no regular backups were being made, so we had nothing to restore the site from. IC.com has trudged along without any real admins for most of its existence, so I guess everyone just kind of assumed it would just keep on working as it always had. Unfortunately, shit happens and happened and after exhausting all other avenues, we've decided to start IC.com afresh. Thus, everyone will have to re-register and redo their profiles, avatars, pics, etc. It'll take some time and far more of our day to day asshattery than usual, but eventually we'll get back to where we were.

If you need any work done in regards to divisions/permissions/etc, or have any questions in general, then you can either post here, pm me, or get me on msn at azareus@hotmail.com. (don't copy paste that address, it won't work)

Edit: You can also ask Ricej to help with permissions if I'm not around.

Pretty sure that it was the server for the website. So what happened to the forum license or whatever a lot of people raised money for a couple months ago.

Like, Invision Board's server failed? And they didn't have backups on their side? If so, that's some shitty management on their end.

No, we didn't have a hosted forums product. We were (and are) using a free server donated to EHJ by a very kind member of our community. Invision Board is just the software we use to run the forums.

I really like upgrade though. I'm going to miss a lot of the old stuff, but it was time for spring cleaning.

I really like upgrade though. I'm going to miss a lot of the old stuff, but it was time for spring cleaning.

Think of it as a colonoscopy and thorough cleaning.

No, we didn't have a hosted forums product. We were (and are) using a free server donated to EHJ by a very kind member of our community. Invision Board is just the software we use to run the forums.

Aaaaah that explains it, my bad. Well, shit happens. Thanks Rice & Ulrezaj for all the hustle.

Too bad about the old forums indeed. So much stuff lost. :/

But on another hand, who do I need to talk to see the Dofus forum? :P I'm part of the Council in it and would love to get the rights to start it up. That is if it's possible. ^^;

Glad the site is back up and running. I was a division leader for Dofus before the crash and it would be nice to be able to access the Dofus forums and be able to get the rest of my flock into it as well. Thanks for your efforts getting things back on track.

FUCKING FUCKITTY FUCK SHIT!

Oh well atleast now i can get my name and sex change done, now how can we tell everyone is who's they're supposed to be? Cause you all know there's a bunch faggots EHJ wannabe posesrs. :mellow:

now how can we tell everyone is who's they're supposed to be? Cause you all know there's a bunch faggots EHJ wannabe posesrs. mellow.gif

I think it'll be pretty easy to tell.

Sign in to follow this