Sign in to follow this  
Ulrezaj

Welcome back everyone

I was sort of kidding tho.. you'd have to be pretty fucked up to even try it and i am sure division leaders will get their rights and then handle their own members knowing they can double check identity ingame. ;)

Hi my name is Drogith, and I'm a alcoholic. Ain't it great?

Gives me my permissions biznitches. I want to see my secret forums.

Yeah i know what you're talking about - i honestly think that if people believe certain threads should be revived they should feel free and just create them, pretty sure nobody would mind.. :mellow:

I for one will take my time and think of the threads i really enjoyed following and will try and bring some of them back to their glory ;)

I am pretty sure we are all aware of that.. there won't be the same feel to it but to be honest there isn't anything else much we can do other than just quit it?

Now which do you think is a more sad option - quitting it or just trying to go on from scratch?

I think this is actually a good thing to some extent - as maybe some of the newer members won't feel as new and maybe the older and newer members could actually blend better for a change.

I am pretty sure we are all aware of that.. there won't be the same feel to it but to be honest there isn't anything else much we can do other than just quit it?

Now which do you think is a more sad option - quitting it or just trying to go on from scratch?

I think this is actually a good thing to some extent - as maybe some of the newer members won't feel as new and maybe the older and newer members could actually blend better for a change.

Unless a game that is like SG comes out again hehe.

Given the number of times that the forum has moved, I can't believe that there's nobody who has a snapshot from sometime in the last year.

I think it might be worth doing a bit of work converting and importing the old forum database instead of throwing out 10 years of history.

I was going to suggest starting a fund for having the data professionally recovered if the hard drive containing it was accidentally formatted. I would be seriously interested in this option.

Probably a bit late for recovery -- AFAIK we're running on the same server, so we've probably already overwritten the data on the disk. It's relatively easy to recover formatted or deleted data so long as it's not been overwritten by other data.

@RDM I had shell scripts backing up the forum and wiki databases daily and periodically archived them to DVDs once they filled up my poor hard drive. Unfortunately I chucked them out months ago.

@RDM I had shell scripts backing up the forum and wiki databases daily and periodically archived them to DVDs once they filled up my poor hard drive. Unfortunately I chucked them out months ago.

Then you will go FIND them.

Probably a bit late for recovery -- AFAIK we're running on the same server, so we've probably already overwritten the data on the disk. It's relatively easy to recover formatted or deleted data so long as it's not been overwritten by other data.

If someone still had some old cookies in their browser history somewhere, couldn't we pull that up and see what coding was in place or anything?

Sign in to follow this