Sign in to follow this  
Vain

Thailand

So a few weeks ago I came to Cambodia and am now in Thailand teaching English. I'll be in Pattaya for the next two weeks and should be working in Bangkok for a pretty long time after that. Is anyone here living in the area, and/or have anything or anywhere I should definitely see or go while I'm here?

I already went to Siem Riep and saw Angkor Wat/Angkor Thom and can't leave Thailand for a while because of Visa restrictions.

Before anyone says it, yes there are a shitload of "ladyboys," especially in Pattaya, and no I have not nor will I have sex with one unless his name is Jayrock.

am now in Thailand teaching English

Totally putting that college tuition to good use.

Also I hear the ladyboys are very pretty and convicing, you probably don't even know that you've slept with one.

Totally putting that college tuition to good use.

If I could give any advice, it would be don't rush into putting that college tuition to use. Some people want experiences, other want a two door infinity. To each his own MoP.

Songkran (สงกรานต์) - undoubtedly the most fun holiday - is the celebration of the Thai New Year, sometime in April (officially April 13th to 15th, but the date varies in some locations). What started off as polite ritual to wash away the sins of the prior year has evolved into the world's largest water fight, which lasts for three full days. Water pistols and Super Soakers are advised and are on sale everywhere. The best places to participate are Chiang Mai, the Khao San Road area in Bangkok and holiday resorts like Pattaya, Ko Samui and Phuket. Be advised that you will get very wet, this is not a spectator sport. In recent years, the water-throwing has been getting more and more unpleasant as people have started splashing iced water onto each other. It is advisable to wear dark clothing, as light colors may become transparent when wet.

By the way, don't get into a fist fight... their most popular sport is boxing.

On top of that, whenever the locals see a fight between a Thai and a ferong(foreigner) they'll jump in and gang up on the ferong. The police were even helping beat the shit out of this one guy.

dude probably fucked a lady boy and freaked out.

teaching abroad is probably the best use of a degree i can think of. you're dumb mop.