Sign in to follow this  
Catwalker

Donald Trump

So The Donald is running for President. Or he's exploring the possibility. Aside from the particular controversy I'm about to bring up, what do you think of this?

Personally, I like him. I've always liked him. I think he's a great leader, brilliant businessman, and knows how to tell it like it is. I know he's doing this out of the love of the country and not for power. I'm sure he has more power than the POTUS now anyway. I'll have to wait to make my decision to see if I'll vote for him in the primaries because I want to see his platform first.

On to the controversy: Obama's birth certificate. Let me be clear with you before I discuss anything else. I have never been a birther and I will never be a birther. I whole-heartedly believe that Obama was born in the US, is a US Citizen, and is constitutionally qualified to be the president. Personally, I think using the birth certificate angle is pointless in debate about the president because it basically makes everyone else ignore everything else that's said, even if what is said afterward makes sense. I have had to tell multiple people just to get over it. He won. Even if it was discovered that he wasn't a citizen, it wouldn't turn back the clock and undo whatever he's done. Move forward, make valid, logical arguments. Stop with the birther angle. If the Clintons couldn't get anywhere with it, there's simply nowhere to go with it.

That being said, I am fascinated with what Trump is doing. He's not a TP acolyte. He's not crazy. But he's going with this. And I think it's genius. He says he has some good information that "we would not believe" about this subject, like a Certificate of Live Birth is not the same as a valid BC. He has also said that Obama's G-mom said that he was born in Kenya. Those two items are very powerful things to say and I have to wonder what kind of power they bring to the table.

So, I have to ask this: What if Trump is right and Obama isn't a citizen? I'm not asking as though I doubt that Obama is one and I'm wondering if he really is, like some kind of conspiracy theory. I'm asking what would happen, what's the best advantage Trump could use if he actually found something that proved that Obama wasn't a citizen? I'm fascinated by this possibility. It would be the biggest scandal possibly in the history of the world. I also have no idea why I'm so intrigued by this.

Personally, I think that if he does find something conclusive, he needs to shut up and sit on it. Wait until about June or July of next year, pull the big reveal, get Obama disqualified and removed from office. Then, the Democrats would have no time to nominate a new candidate, if they wanted to do that. Really, do the Dems really want Biden as their candidate in November next year?

Truthfully, I don't think Trump has anything at all. I really think this whole thing was just a ploy to get his name out there for the nomination and now that he's in second place, he's getting all kinds of free air time on talk shows, etc.

What do you think?

I like how he tells what's on his mind.

I also like his Rosie O'Donnel bashings.

I dislike how his companies keep going into bankruptcy.

I dislike how he is worth less than how much he inherited from his father (real networth, not nominal)

All in all, it would be unlikely that I would vote for him.

He's doing it, as he's done at least 3 times in the past, to boost sales and attention to him. There's a correlation between him flirting with the presidency, his television ratings, and the timing of books released by him. It's a media stunt, just as it was in 1988, 2000, 2004, 2006 (for governor), and 2008.

As for his birtherism, its been debunked in 2008. The certificate of live birth Obama has is what Hawaii uses as a birth certificate, and they've said as much. The grandmother angle was debunked because the actual phone conversation (which was mis-reported by yet another right-wing idiot with a youtube page) went something to the effect of:

"Was he born in Kenya?"

"yes, I was there."

"Where in Kenya was he born?"

"No, he was born in Hawaii."

and it was through a translator.

-1 e-honor for you sir, this is some silly crap.

-1 e-honor for you sir, this is some silly crap.

Did you see the part where I spelled out how I disagreed with the whole thing?

And really? You are telling me about e-honor and silly crap?

Did you see the part where I spelled out how I disagreed with the whole thing?

I did see that. Then I saw the paragraph where you said he might be right. And I generally defend my stances about things, usually with facts and reason.

And RD is right, Trump has pretty much no chance at all at getting elected.

He's doing it to sell books. Talking about him is like talking about Paris Hilton. It justifies their ego, despite them being worthless people.

I did see that. Then I saw the paragraph where you said he might be right. And I generally defend my stances about things, usually with facts and reason.

And RD is right, Trump has pretty much no chance at all at getting elected.

He's doing it to sell books. Talking about him is like talking about Paris Hilton. It justifies their ego, despite them being worthless people.

I also said it was a just a hypothetical, not that I actually believed it was possible. It was just something interesting to think about.

I do agree with the ego statement. Trump's ego is huge, which is one reason I think he would be a perfect candidate for president. Can he win? No. I think he knows that he can make the other candidates scramble around like ants. I don't think he cares what he says and he'll have them constantly attempting to defend themselves against his ramblings.

As much as I hate to say it, disco is right. This thread is silly. I was extremely tired last night, but couldn't go to sleep. And this is what happens. My judgement was a little off.

So, I would respectfully request that this thread be locked or deleted. It's not even worth my time to respond to anymore.

As much as I hate to say it, disco is right.

I'd like to take the time to thank God for putting me here, my parents who raised me right and instilled in me the desire to succeed, the director whose vision on this was simply amazing, my assistants who helped keep me on track and on time, my loving wife and children - without their support I wouldn't be here today ...

As much as I hate to say it, disco is right. This thread is silly. I was extremely tired last night, but couldn't go to sleep. And this is what happens. My judgement was a little off.

So, I would respectfully request that this thread be locked or deleted. It's not even worth my time to respond to anymore.

You're fired.

I would vote Trump for president. Why not, he'll fire the world and then take it over. We really need to be making this United States of Earth.

I would vote Trump for president. Why not, he'll fire the world and then take it over. We really need to be making this United States of Earth.

United Earth of America.

The certificate of live birth Obama has is what Hawaii uses as a birth certificate, and they've said as much.

The hell it is. Four of my siblings were born in Hawaii. Two of them were born at home, with no doctor in attendance. They have "certificates of live birth". The way the got them is, my dad called and told the registrar's office (or whatever it's called) months later and said that so-and-so was born on such-and-such a day. Bingo, certificate. No evidence, no witnesses (maybe the mom had to sign something). One of them didn't get it for over a year after he was born.

The younger two were born in hospitals. They have real birth certificates. There is a difference.

I'm not saying that "omg this proves Obama isn't a citizen"; I'm saying that a Hawaiian Certificate of Live Birth is about as convincing as a handwritten note from his mother dated two years after he was born.

When the state of hawaii comes out and says "This document acts as a birth certificate and is just as acceptable" then I'm going to take their word on it. And that's the final say, really, because there's no higher authority.