Sign in to follow this  
numbers

Official Movie Discussion Thread

Hot Tube Time Machine

10 minutes into it and I have spit up my food 3 times.

Yeah, I just saw this last night. I thought it was a lot funnier than I expected it to be. And it wasn't all the same kind of humor the whole way through, either. I expected sophomoric humor about uncomfortable situations or bodily functions the whole way through, but there was actually more than that. I would give it a 4/5 stars. Good, brainless fun.

Yes, I have seen Food Inc twice...It's an amazing movie, and will change your outlook on the foods you buy. I find it increasingly interesting due to the fact that I am currently taking a nutrition course right now.

food inc came on last night on pbs and it made me mad. I really really really am becoming more and more anti govt.

On a lighter note, i was at blockbuster and saw ninja on the rack and above it i saw ninja assassin, can anyone vouch for either of these?

watched clash of the titans and other than some interesting CGI effects i thought it was terrible. The lead Sam Worthington just didnt seem to fit the role if fact i rate it below percy jackson and the lightning thief on the watchability scale. 2/5

took the youngun to see How to Train your Dragon last week a decent animated feature 3/5

if fact i rate it below percy jackson and the lightning thief on the watchability scale.

I like this. I thought the same thing.

I just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time. Wow. I love how Kubrick kept things wide open for speculation, unlike the book. I can say for the first time I have found a movie that was better than the novel.

I just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time. Wow. I love how Kubrick kept things wide open for speculation, unlike the book. I can say for the first time I have found a movie that was better than the novel.

:) I'm a huge fan of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I'm currently watching Spartacus. Dr, check out The Decalogue.

watched clash of the titans and other than some interesting CGI effects i thought it was terrible. The lead Sam Worthington just didnt seem to fit the role if fact i rate it below percy jackson and the lightning thief on the watchability scale. 2/5

took the youngun to see How to Train your Dragon last week a decent animated feature 3/5

The original sucked too pretty much. Stop animation can only carry you so far.

On another note I saw Kick-ass a few days ago. Pretty funny with some adolescent humor and some adult humor. The level of violence seemed higher simply because of the fact an 11 year old was doing half the killing. Good Comic book atmosphere which helped the movie. I would rent it or buy it when it comes out just to see all the bits I missed. Definitely a guy movie not a date movie unless you're dating the right kind of girl.

You know, as much as I like to read; I haven't read that book. But have seen the movie many times.....time for a trip to the book store.

Doubt - just watched it yesterday; I really liked it, mind stays active throughout the movie (plus, really good performances all around - esp. the black kids mom)

Panic I don't know how you'll feel about this movie. I loved it. My wife hated it.

It's not overly predictable, it's extremely well acted by all involved and the conflict created by all of the characters intermingled with each other is well done. There's almost no action or even violence, which is surprising for the subject matter of the film. But the drama, script and plot development are outstanding.

There are a couple of wildly unrealistic parts to the film that most people won't catch unless they know what to look for- (*cough*Fahr*cough*) -but beyond that, it's a really good movie.

4/5 stars