Sign in to follow this  
numbers

Official Movie Discussion Thread

Anyone see Iron Man 2 yet? Need some reviews.

It's pretty good. It wasn't directed very well, I didn't think. The first half of the movie is a bit disjointed, leaping from one unrelated scene to another. Stark's charm is only a shell of what it was in the first one and the sexual tension between him and Pepper is almost non-existent. Mickey Rourke does a pretty good job as Whiplash. I liked Don Cheadle a lot better than Terrance Howard. There are a few "WHOA! AWESOME!!" scenes and a few "OMG, I paid to watch this movie?" scenes in it as well. I give it 3.5/5 stars. Good movie, not nearly as enjoyable as the first, but pretty good. Samuel L. Jackson has an expanded role in this one, so that's always good.

In short, when it's good, it's really good. But there's some filler that's not directed well between the good parts.

There's a bonus scene after the credits in this one, too. A couple of the previews look like keepers.

Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music - great movie

It's not a movie just about music; it has a ton of it, though... the editing/directing was done really well. It really captures the whole generation.

Richie Havens, Joe Cocker and Santana surprised me.

Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music - great movie

It's not a movie just about music; it has a ton of it, though... the editing/directing was done really well. It really captures the whole generation.

Richie Havens, Joe Cocker and Santana surprised me.

Sucks that I hate hippies, otherwise I would watch it.

It's pretty good. It wasn't directed very well, I didn't think. The first half of the movie is a bit disjointed, leaping from one unrelated scene to another. Stark's charm is only a shell of what it was in the first one and the sexual tension between him and Pepper is almost non-existent. Mickey Rourke does a pretty good job as Whiplash. I liked Don Cheadle a lot better than Terrance Howard. There are a few "WHOA! AWESOME!!" scenes and a few "OMG, I paid to watch this movie?" scenes in it as well. I give it 3.5/5 stars. Good movie, not nearly as enjoyable as the first, but pretty good. Samuel L. Jackson has an expanded role in this one, so that's always good.

In short, when it's good, it's really good. But there's some filler that's not directed well between the good parts.

There's a bonus scene after the credits in this one, too. A couple of the previews look like keepers.

Cat, I went ahead and saw it under the expectations that you left me with. My review would be identical to yours! Mickey Rourke was great!

I saw The A-Team tonight. I loved it, much better than Iron Man 2 IMO. Probably the most fun movie I've watched in a long time.

I think I might go see it again and take my Dad. He watched the TV show with me when I was younger and I think he would love the movie.

The Third Man, Saturday Night Fever, Paths of Glory, Singin' in the Rain

^ all good; I haven't rented a whole lot lately, been busy.

Huge recommendation: Fitzcarraldo & Burden of Dreams

inception, as you have probably already heard, is insanely awesome.

ahh...I gave up watching it the other day for Mongo bbq and sex. I plan on getting to it eventually though.

Also, any word on The Last Airbender?

I liked it! I love M. Night Shyamalan though. I'm fairly biased when it comes to him and I've never not liked anything he's done. While it doesn't have all the silly humor that the cartoons had, I enjoyed it overall. Remember its kids movie though! (Toy Story 3 was excellent for both kids and adults though, if you have kids those are enjoyable to sit through)

I also went to see it as a passive social protest against Eclipse :P (i.e. go support something else in theater opening weekend). Although I heard with the new horror flick producer they made that shitty book into a decent movie.

Inception was a great movie. So many theories as to what is going on, you can definitely give yourself a headache trying to figure out which has the most validity.

Predators: Worthy addition to the franchise. Good reboot and it was good to see Adrien Brody in the lead role. I wouldn't say it's as good as the first one, but it's better than anything else that has come out that's related to Predators. B+ plus an extra point for the Yakuza with Samurai Sword vs. Predator scene.

The Expendables: Guns! Explosions! Action! plot.

Seriously, it's not a bad movie. It's funny at times and the characters work well together. Jet Li was pretty good in this one, better than anything in which I've seen him. It's a mindless action movie that's good for seeing your favorite action stars. I would say 3.5/5 stars.