Sign in to follow this  
numbers

Official Movie Discussion Thread

Anyone seen i am number four? i read the book over the last couple days since i can't find a good copy to download and there seems like there is potential, but then again you might think the same thing by reading the last twilight book.

Just finished watching The Last Airbender. It was a pretty good movie(Outside some of the cheesey acting moments). The fight scenes were excellent, and the CGI was top notch. Definitely a good rental!

It won worst picture of the Razzie awards. Your opinion now doesn't matter. :D

I think Power Rangers the movie is better.

Yeah, I gambled when I rented it....It got bad reviews on rottentomato.com , but the CGI was worth watching it.

Battle LA is entertaining in the same way that Air Force One is entertaining. It is full of stupid stereotypes, idiotic plotlines, hilarious one-liners ("WE'VE ALREADY HAD BREAKFAST") and several explosions. So many problems with the idea I don't want to get into them.

Pirate Radio- Went into this thinking it would be a bit boring since I don't really like Rock and Roll and that kind of music. Boy was I surprised, it was a fantastic movie. Had a lot of humor, not to many, if any boring parts, and was entertaining throughout the movie. The choice of music was good also. I would recommend it to anyone, even if you aren't into music. 5/5

Bridesmaids. 1/5 The movie blows and sucks all at the same time and not at all in a good way. The chicks are not hot on any level, they are all incredibly annoying, and the ridiculous stereotyping (fat annoying chick, self-destructive failure chick, douchebag boyfriend, over-compensating attention whore chick, and so many more) is so far over the top that it sucks the funny out of anything that could be funny from this movie. I literally hated this movie in several parts and would have walked out in the next ten seconds if the scene hadn't changed to something else. If I was watching this at home, I would have turned it off. It suffers so badly from the Michael Scott effect (remember how I talked about that in the other thread?) that it was just maddening to me that I actually paid money for both my wife and me to watch it. If there weren't a couple of parts in the movie that were actually laugh-out-loud-until-I cried funny, it would have gotten 0/5.

This movie is horrible. The only reason you should watch this movie is if your date promises you sex afterward. Long afterward though, because I don't think you'll be able to get it up for a couple hours after the movie.

I am number Four - Interesting movie. The action was good and while the plot may seem a bit predictable it's still a good watch. I'd recommend if you like action-type movies.

Your Highness - If you loved movies like the Princess Bride and so on, then this film is for you. Wouldn't say it reinvents the genre, but it was funny and well worth the money spent on it. Once again, if you don't like that kind of humor, then don't bother.

Bridesmaids. 1/5 The movie blows and sucks all at the same time and not at all in a good way. The chicks are not hot on any level, they are all incredibly annoying, and the ridiculous stereotyping (fat annoying chick, self-destructive failure chick, douchebag boyfriend, over-compensating attention whore chick, and so many more) is so far over the top that it sucks the funny out of anything that could be funny from this movie. I literally hated this movie in several parts and would have walked out in the next ten seconds if the scene hadn't changed to something else. If I was watching this at home, I would have turned it off. It suffers so badly from the Michael Scott effect (remember how I talked about that in the other thread?) that it was just maddening to me that I actually paid money for both my wife and me to watch it. If there weren't a couple of parts in the movie that were actually laugh-out-loud-until-I cried funny, it would have gotten 0/5.

This movie is horrible. The only reason you should watch this movie is if your date promises you sex afterward. Long afterward though, because I don't think you'll be able to get it up for a couple hours after the movie.

Wow, this is almost the complete opposite of what most critics have been saying. Interesting take.

Wow, this is almost the complete opposite of what most critics have been saying. Interesting take.

Yeah, I know. That's one reason we went to see it. Maybe it's just me. Or maybe America's taste in movies is getting worse.

Aren't we all required to go see Thor, since there are freaking Einherjar in the movie?!

I saw it last night and I kinda liked it. It started out with me thinking it was gonna blow. Then it got pretty good and funny and decent fight scenes. And then the end was pretty predictable. Some of the plot points don't make sense (it's a comic book movie though, so that's ok), some of the dialogue is a little strange for a Norse god, and I'm getting sick of Origins movies. Other than that, Asgard had spectacular visuals, they actually cast a big dude as Thor (Fuck you Topher Grace!), Norse mythology is friggin' sweet, and I can't freaking wait for the Avengers.

Ah yeah, they don't just use the Aesir, they actually have Einherjar in the movie? Guess I'll have to check it out.

Did you see it in 3D? Basically trying to decide whether to dish out the extra cheese to see it in 3d is worth it.

The 3D is post rendered bullshit.

Skip it.

I would say avoid any post-rendered 3d. If it wasn't filmed in 3D, it looks like shit and they fuck things up.

Oh, unless you are Manaco. His cock looks huge in 3D. Post production for the fail. (No nudity, it's through the pants bulge, before you ask).

The 3D is post rendered bullshit.

Skip it.

I would say avoid any post-rendered 3d. If it wasn't filmed in 3D, it looks like shit and they fuck things up.

Oh, unless you are Manaco. His cock looks huge in 3D. Post production for the fail. (No nudity, it's through the pants bulge, before you ask).

Thanks!

I'll say again, Winters Bone is worth watching. One of my favs this year.

This movie has gotten me in a few arguments. I feel like it is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Maybe because I've actually hung out with the type of people they're trying to portray. I don't know what it is, but it comes across as laughable acting when I watch it. And it is weird because it was recommended to me by people that I normally agree with. I'd be interested to hear more thoughts on it.