Sign in to follow this  
Melody of Chaos

what do you guys think of the wall street occupation?

Tip: If you are going to try to 'occupy wall street', try starting it on a weekday instead of a Saturday when the stock market is closed.

Love how the videos are always biased against the police; they never show what prompted officers to use any sort of force - just the application of force itself. That way, viewers can all believe the police are power-mad sexist bullies abusing their position of trust by macing innocent protesters. Instead of, you know, doing their jobs by using less-than-lethal force to contain and control criminals who've been given ample opportunity to stop their illegal activity.

Tip: If you are going to try to 'occupy wall street', try starting it on a weekday instead of a Saturday when the stock market is closed.

Love how the videos are always biased against the police; they never show what prompted officers to use any sort of force - just the application of force itself. That way, viewers can all believe the police are power-mad sexist bullies abusing their position of trust by macing innocent protesters. Instead of, you know, doing their jobs by using less-than-lethal force to contain and control criminals who've been given ample opportunity to stop their illegal activity.

I wonder if they had a permit for peaceful protest or the right to march?

I wonder if they had a permit for peaceful protest or the right to march?

^

This

I stopped reading the comments after about 10 comments. I love how people think that their rights override the rights of others.

I have the right to stand here in the street and protest.

Well I have the right to drive to work and your causing a traffic jam standing there.

The whole point of a peaceful protest is to get the authorities to respond with disproportionate force. That's why Civil Rights worked.

Complaining when the authorities respond to your disobedience with proportionate force makes me think that you're a bunch of useless retards who showed up because you thought it'd be cool.

The whole point of a peaceful protest is to get the authorities to respond with disproportionate force. That's why Civil Rights worked.

Complaining when the authorities respond to your disobedience with proportionate force makes me think that you're a bunch of useless retards who showed up because you thought it'd be cool.

I can't help it but to completely agree, especially with the 2nd statement. Those fucking marches against police brutality turns my stomach upside down in sheer disgust for the human race every single year. Show up to protest, wait for police to arrive (as they should be doing anytime there's any kind of assembly of unsatisfied people regardless of the cause), taunt the police like fucking idiots, get your ass kicked by the police, catch the whole bullshit on tape, rinse and repeat.

Good job dipshit, you're just like Che Guevara. Now get the fuck home and go back to fucking your own face.

Tip: If you are going to try to '', try starting it on a weekday instead of a Saturday when the stock market is closed.

People who feel they have been wronged and want change are criminals? I mean... no one would legally allow them to protest in front of wall street indefinitely, come on.

i hope the occupation becomes permanent. i think it would be cool if they figured out how to stay fed, but it would be just as interesting if they run out of food.

You think this sort of police response is disproportionate? 2 years back in SG we had a sit-down protest in SG, consisting of four people. The government responded by deploying riot police decked out in full gear. Include the normal police and I think those poor suckers were outnumbered 6 to 1.

As far as I can tell from the website, these people are just generally upset that someone has a lot more money than they do. I see no goal or message other than that.

We, (gf and I), walked past their "march" on Broadway. I felt so inspired, that we went ahead and shopped at crate and barrel.

I work a few blocks down from Wall street, occasionally a small group of protesters walks around our building and smacks drums while a line of cops walks directly behind them waiting to pepper spray people. I hope it's just a small group because if that's the entire protest there's like 20 people and it's the lamest protest ever.

what exactly do you chuckleheads think the first amendment says?

The first amendment gives you the right to get up on your soapbox and start preaching. But it doesn't guarantee an audience, the right to somebody else's soapbox, to set up your own soapbox on somebody else's lawn, or break other laws while you're up on your soapbox.

I think the protest is stupid. If Wall Street is to blame for all the jobs lost, then Wall Street is presumably to blame for all the jobs not lost, since Wall Street is in control of all employment. Therefore, I'd like to thank Wall Street for giving me a job. I also think the protest is probably run by fairly stupid hipster types, based on the pictures. If they were really going to be protesting the causes of the crash, they'd not only be in front of Wall Street, but the Fed, GW Bush's ranch, throughout the state of China and other nations which sent so much money our way, and they'd be burning Friedman's books next to effigies of Reagan as fast as they possibly could. But they don't really understand the causes, so they protest the simplest, most populist choice - Wall Street.

However, they're standing around in the street from what I understand, or in public areas nearby. They might have a permit, I don't know. So to criticize them on legal grounds without knowing both of those things for sure is foolhardy.

We, (gf and I), walked past their "march" on Broadway. I felt so inspired, that we went ahead and shopped at crate and barrel.

HAHAHAHA Deity I love you man....

disco, for one, welcomes our new financial overlords.

People aren't getting hired for shitty jobs because robots can do the work better. Boo hoo?

People need to learn useful skills to get employed, that's not wall street's fault.

Personally, I can't wait for a day when everything is computerized (Every check out line should be self check out).

It seems to me that it's just a bunch of cop-hating, rich-people-envying anarchists with nothing else to do because they either can't get a job or don't want a job.

I wouldn't say anarchists, they probably just blame wall street because they don't understand how the economy works.

The funny thing is, nothing is stopping any of these people from opening their own account and following trends to make money as a day trader. I really doubt they understand just what wall street is, and just assume everyone there sits around thinking of how to fuck over America.

It's the same vein of thought which inspired the anti-WTO people in Seattle in 99. Its an overly-simplistic reaction to a very complex and wide-ranging problem.