Sign in to follow this  
Fahrenheit

Who's Playing

well then.

Might have to get on and play some of my chars there...

Let's see, Imp Chars: Fahrenheit the BH; Rankine the IA; Petrov the SI; Squidious the SW

Don't know ppl's Vamp names, and most of my char names are heretofore unused, so I'll play Fahr to maximize recognition.

How is this shit going? I got a standing desk frankensteined together (I call it "The House of Cards") and want to know if it is worth it to jump in now.

I'd also like to know how the game is; I'm thinking of picking it up today.

8 per server. Don't ask me to count the number of servers there are.

Cool, so you pretty much can do 1 spec for each faction (I'd imagine you're allowed to do cross-faction) to get completely different stories... since the spec would be pretty similar overall for same faction?

My basic review of the game. Other MMORPGS I've played: Guild Wars, SG (Duh) I guess Modem Wars doesn't count eh : p

But seriously, I'm very impressed with SWTOR so far. Have even signed up for the 6mth recurring fees. At around USD12.99 its ok price.

Commenting on just the PvE component, its polished and as Keltar mentioned its like an MMO of KOTOR, so very heavily story driven and a very immersive environment. You can play it at a relaxed pace with no worries or you can go all super anal like what we used to do on SG and calculate DPS set up player builds etc, so it suits all sorts of players.

I like how its also fine to go solo on the game or to team up, this will solve population issues. And correct me if I'm wrong, but its less healer dependent in PvE than stuff like GW. I don't have to sit in cap and spam LFH for 30mins : p

The only thing I find weird is that the maps being so huge, fighting a small cluster of enemies in a long hallway doesn't aggro the rest. But then again if it did it'll be GG for the party, guess this is a limitation of AI for most games anyways.

Overall I'd give this game a solid 85% rating with a ton of replayability because of the sheer amount of classes and missions/sidequests.

My Sniper is currently on the Jekk Jekk Tar server, look me up there if you're playing, user name: Edessa If EHJ gets its own guild count me in as well!

William Shatner impersonator quest ;D

Also, I think this is the first mmo where I wouldn't want to max out quickly. The whole leveling process is done really well - however, after doing all these quests once... we'll see how I feel about it then. I guess you could just skip through some after checking out all light/dark side choices, then just follow your class quest only with pvp or pve for the rest of the xp needed.

I am also playing however I am with coworkers on another server.

Character: Spud

Server: Ajunta Pall, RP-PVP (we chose it hoping there would be fewer 14yr kids. So far so good. Very little RP going on and no little whiners)

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not much into the pve/lore, but from the pvp side it's keeping my attention. The open world looks like it will be interesting, though we'll see what it looks like 2 months from now.

Hit 11 on my bounty hunter & 9 on my sith warrior; I'll probably check out the 2 republic zones after I leave the starting area on my sith warrior.. then decide what I want to focus on. All classes look pretty fun, so far.

I'm playing Empire on Keller's Void, got an 18 Powertech so far and I haven't really tried anything else. Loving it though :) Usually I netflix while I level in an MMO, but I like the KoTOR storyline (and hopefully by extent, TOR) more than most movies. Bioware really did a great job keeping the KoTOR feel to the game, I can't wait to see some more of the outdoor environments

I'm playing Empire on Keller's Void, got an 18 Powertech so far and I haven't really tried anything else. Loving it though :) Usually I netflix while I level in an MMO, but I like the KoTOR storyline (and hopefully by extent, TOR) more than most movies. Bioware really did a great job keeping the KoTOR feel to the game, I can't wait to see some more of the outdoor environments

I'm on Keller's Void too.

I'm playing Imperial agent sniper now : ) On The Jek Jek Tarr server, people there seem pretty mature which is good. Create a character there leh! My char name: Edessa