Sign in to follow this  
Pep

Classes

17 members have voted

1. 1. What will you play?

So the game is 8 days away for whoever pre-ordered and I was wondering who was planning on playing what. I was checking around on other forums and it definitely seems like Inquisitor classes seem to be most popular. During BETA, they did seem a bit overpowered in PvP, but every class is viable if played well.

Here's a brief description of each:

Juggernaut

Tank or Tanky DPS

1 light saber and heavy armor

Skill calculator

Marauder

DPS

2 lightsabers and medium armor

Skill calculator

Sith Assassin

Tank or DPS

Double-bladed lightsaber in light armor

Can sneak

Skill calculator

Sith sorcerer

Healer or caster DPS

Lightsaber and a focus (offhand)and light armor

Skill calculator

Mercenary

Ranged DPS or Healer

2 pistols

Skill calculator

Powertech

Ranged tanky DPS or Tank

Pistol and heavy armor

Tanking, even with a pistol, doesn't mean mobs will stay at a range

Skill calculator

Sniper

Ranged DPS

Sniper rifle or Vibroknife and medium armor

Skill calculator

Operative

Heal or DPS

Rifle or vibroknife and medium armor

Can sneak

Skill calculator

You can find more information on www.torhead.com

I'll probably do Sniper just because I feel there are going to be a lot of Sorcerer/Mercenaries running around, but obviously it's still in the air depending on what other class people go.

I beta tested as the Assassin, which was fun. But I want more than a rogue-style melee so I'll go with Marauder hoping to achieve more DPS and be more über with the force.

Edit: If my wife decides to go Operative, then I might go Assassin so we both have stealth... we'll see. Still trying to have her roll with the force!

I beta tested Sniper and Jedi Sentinel. Sniper had a better story, but I didn't really love the cover system. Release I'm gonna roll a DPS spec'd Sith Juggernaut (light side) since I think the Empire has a better story all around.

For those of you who did not partake in the guild pre-launch program, I will let you know which server we will be on so that you can tag along. And if you don't feel like joining us, you can still party with us at times <3

My favorite two classes on Empire side are Operative and Sorcerer.

Republic Side, I like Commando (Mercenary Analog).

A lot will depend on what F-Babe plays. Like me, she's never been attracted to role-playing 'evil'; we'll see if I can convince her to try a 'good' character in the Empire.

One of the things I love about the Sorcerer/Assassin backstory is that it is PERFECT to pick either a 'dark' or a 'light' path.

I'll be going Assassin, looks like things will be pretty even across the board. Though we might be a little light on tanks. As for snipers, it's not so much they get super long range, just some crazy damage output from what we've seen.

I wouldn't mind doing tank. I did tank in RIFT and thought I'd want to try something new, but whatever. Tanks are actually somewhat OP in PvP as well.

Cyrus, can we meet up with you guys in vent or something? Just want to see/know who is playing what on your end.