Sign in to follow this  
Keltar ™

Vamp

Eh, prolly more of a hiatus. They seemed to just not put enough into the end game. It feels like I beat a single player game as I spend most of my time twiddling my thumbs in fleet waiting for the next hutball. I unsubbed my account more as a protest (as petty as that may be) to try and show them they were stupid in how they spent their $200 mil in production. If they do something more with the game, you'll see people be more active, but there just isn't anything left to do.

Figures. I wonder if things had been different had we rolled Republic... you know the whole underdog factor. All I read/hear about Ilum makes me cringe. And evidently the end-game is lacking right now. They did do a fantastic job at making the 1-50 PvE content, but as you said they should have devoted a tad bit more time/cash to PvP endgame.

But how can they make open world PvP any better anyways? With the population so glaringly imbalanced all over the servers, it's not like they can do it without restricting the amount of Imperials on Ilum... which then makes it sucky for those who have to wait.

Break things into faction based combat, and have factions create seperate alliances regardless of alignment? In a Global Agenda-way, which would then allow more control to the players to create a sense of balance.

Bleh, I'll probably ding 50 and then roll an OP Commando or something with some DAoC friends. :P

Some of the Vamp guys rerolled republic characters, so you can check with them. In my opinion rolling republic wouldn't have made a difference. They have the same boring/easy instances that are pointless, they drop shit gear. The only thing is the pvp may have been more amusing for another week or so as you'd get a mix of the 3 maps instead of one. I'm still amazed that these companies had all this money and only made 3 shitty pvp instances and a small "open" world area and expected that to be enough. When are these companies going to figure out that the majority of MMOs are played at end game.

Still climbing slowly on my Sorc, heard good things about the storyline for Imperial operative which I will give a try after my sorc.

I don't like the fact that FP have to be started at the fleet and that most players dont look for FP on the planets. But I do enjoy the quests even though its all pretty kill 10 rats or touch 3 trees.