Sign in to follow this  
conquestor

Conquestor's stock picks

Get bored, throw around money, post on internet.

EA NYSE, 18k put in. Bought at $16.70. Estimated hold for 2 months, immediate sell of 50% set up at $18.20.

I hope it doesn't hit $18.20 within 2 months... Money gained too quick has to be filed under income tax, not capital gains.

Get bored, throw around money, post on internet.

EA NYSE, 18k put in. Bought at $16.70. Estimated hold for 2 months, immediate sell of 50% set up at $18.20.

I hope it doesn't hit $18.20 within 2 months... Money gained too quick has to be filed under income tax, not capital gains.

http://www.google.com/finance?cid=168725

I'd like to hear your reasoning here...

I just was looking at their releases coming up in the next 2 years...

Games in development

2012 release

The Sims 3: Showtime (Windows, Mac OS X)

Mass Effect 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows)

FIFA Street (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

The Secret World (Xbox 360, Windows)

Overstrike (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

NCAA Football 13 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Madden NFL 13 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U)

NBA Live 13 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U)

Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows)

2013 release

Command & Conquer: Generals 2 (Windows)

TBA

Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes (Windows, Mac OS X)

Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances (Windows, Mac OS X)[100]

Mirror's Edge 2 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows)[101]

Mercs Inc

I would personally be cautious with their lineup, the fact that their exclusivity on Madden ends this year and that they have nothing new coming out, only rehashes.

Basically, to me EA seems bound to hold the course with these releases, adding remake after remake wouldn't seem to have a huge impact on their profit margin, it should hold.

We'll see! Let us know if you make a profit on this.

you bought a company that is losing money while it is testing its lows in a very strong downward trend... protip...profit margin doesn't mean shit if it's negative.

what 'positive trend' are you looking at? i'm not a believer in trading on technical analysis but the 30 day moving average is below the 50day moving average is below the 100day moving average... the 7day MA briefly crossed the 15 around Feb 6th but there are several similar upside tests that failed over the last 6 months. http://tinyurl.com/7pw27l4

also, i highly recommend trading in an IRA...if you have short term cash needs use a Roth, but generally you will save more through a traditional up until after your earning potential peaks.

Anyway, as a Gamer, I find it crazy that you'd put faith in a company like EA.

You want my opinion on a stock?

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3AATVI

Buy Blizzard now. Sell it just after the ANNOUNCEMENT of MoP (mists of pandaria) and then win.

With D3 coming out basically in 7 weeks, unreported, the game is getting awesome reviews from Beta. The in game auction house for real money is amazing. It connects the game to the new micro transaction profit scheme that so many games have done. It's going to be huge. Heart of the Swarm will also sell well. MoP and WoW are a bit scary at the moment, I think they have the chance to start dropping customers between now and the release of MoP but the announcement would be a huge boost temporarily. Especially the way they structured D3 and WoW 12 month subs.

Laymen trying to trade on the stock market at a profit against brokerage firms and computers seems like a pretty dumb idea to me

Anyway, as a Gamer, I find it crazy that you'd put faith in a company like EA.

That and it feels like only yesterday that Conq swore not to rest until the likes of EA games are vanquished from existence.

Keep your friends close, enemies closer?

Laymen trying to trade on the stock market at a profit against brokerage firms and computers seems like a pretty dumb idea to me

I think the layman can invest effectively by choosing a solid company and going long. As long as the world gets richer stocks are bound to increase in value. Not very profitable but I don't think a layman can hope for better. I don't think a layman can win short term though.

Either way, investing is better than saving since inflation erodes the hell out of the value of our currency.

Of course Disco loves inflation.

Link: Owning EA shares means I can vote against the best interest of the company during shareholder voting sessions.

Envy: I've made profits before. I've done my research into the trend and think it's going to begin climbing in the next week or so. I've always had an interest in the market. If I had another $200,000 I'd just day trade for a living. Was just bored so I figured I'd post my stock pick.

why no elaboration on the magical trend you see? if you're just betting on a hunch no big deal, but just say so. oh why do i feel so ignored?!

you know what's fucked up is zynga being almost as big as ATVI...

yeah conq, what is this research you did? or do you think the company is undervalued based on a hunch?

or were you talking to some /b/rother who works at ea games? what if he was trolling :X

*edit*

Looking at the 5 year timeline conq might be right: http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=EA+Interactive#chart5:symbol=ea;range=5y;indicator=ema(7,15,30)+volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

But 2 months for 18.20 is a little optimistic...

*edit 2*

Re: Zynga

Yes, absolutely disgusting, ironically, they probably cashed in more than facebook. I wonder if FB gets any of their money. And it seems like they are trying to acquire Kodak which filed for bankruptcy. :(

18.20 is an immediate sell, it IS optimistic. I researched standard fibonacci trend excluding the 2009 anomalies. Software is always a volitile investment. I have faith EA's going to milk the fuck out of their new games dlc, and consumers will cave to even more digital downloading. I bet they'll beat earnings expectations for the quarter, then they'll have a spike in share price.

Also I consulted my financial advisor

"Hey jen, Yes or no?"

"What?"

"YES OR NO, NOW!"

"Yes?"

"10,000 through 30000"

"18000?"

"Thanks jen, you're the best financial advisor"

"What?"

lol, So you researched a concept but not the company itself. Sure you applied this concept to make your calculation but I don't think that's nearly enough work for an 18k investment. You should have also checked EA's finances to help you better gauge the company's value. (that's public info, right?)

Either way, if the past five years mean anything then 16.80 is a pretty good price. It should be able reach 18.20 more likely than not, good pick overall, hope it works out. I have "faith" in EA milking the shit out of consumers as well. That is how they came to dominate the gaming market, definitely not by making quality fun games

lol, So you researched a concept but not the company itself. Sure you applied this concept to make your calculation but I don't think that's nearly enough work for an 18k investment. You should have also checked EA's finances to help you better gauge the company's value. (that's public info, right?)

Either way, if the past five years mean anything then 16.80 is a pretty good price. It should be able reach 18.20 more likely than not, good pick overall, hope it works out. I have "faith" in EA milking the shit out of consumers as well. That is how they came to dominate the gaming market, definitely not by making quality fun games

I believe market cap and timing are the most important measures. It works out well.

Fuckkkk market fluctuation brought it to 16.56 for a tick. I could have squeezed a bit more...

18.20 is an immediate sell, it IS optimistic. I researched standard fibonacci trend excluding the 2009 anomalies. Software is always a volitile investment. I have faith EA's going to milk the fuck out of their new games dlc, and consumers will cave to even more digital downloading. I bet they'll beat earnings expectations for the quarter, then they'll have a spike in share price.

Fibonacci? You might as well of just said you are a homeopathic patient for your easily operable pancreatic cancer.

Seriously? Standard Fibonacci? You want something to believe in, go with the Efficient-Market hypothesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efficient_market_hypothesis

Or... If you don't think markets behave rationally, throw it all out the window and just accept Irrational market behavior that is not possible to predict based on any past performance or even current information...

But seriously, betting on EA because you think it is hitting a Fibonacci sequence is so scary...

He is playing blackjack, except he has a bigger dataset to understand than 4 sets of 52 cards and therefore can feel more confident in his gambling.

Mass Effect will be a hit, but other than that, they don't have much in the line up that people will be overly excited about. C&C has a following, but I think it has lost it's charm. Hope you see something by them that I'm missing, cause I don't foresee anything good by them after ME3 in the near future.

Fibonacci? You might as well of just said you are a homeopathic patient for your easily operable pancreatic cancer.

Seriously? Standard Fibonacci? You want something to believe in, go with the Efficient-Market hypothesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efficient_market_hypothesis

Or... If you don't think markets behave rationally, throw it all out the window and just accept Irrational market behavior that is not possible to predict based on any past performance or even current information...

But seriously, betting on EA because you think it is hitting a Fibonacci sequence is so scary...

No thanks. Not for a release centric software company, Mr wiki warrior.

Fibonacci is pretty accurate usually, really. Simply because so many investors follow it, it influences the market.

And its not about good games, its about their Q1 earnings report.

And its not about good games, its about their Q1 earnings report.

As if the two are somehow unrelated.

The stream of good games as a predictor of profit for a video game company is "pretty accurate, usually, really."

Yea, it would be crazy for a software/video game manufacturer to have a good earnings report based on the products they release. Their quarter one earnings will look nice (Star Wars carrying over and ME3 launch), but unless they have something that hasn't been announced yet, they are going to have a shitty rest of the year.