Sign in to follow this  
Drogith

Am I the only one?

That still plays this? I don't really see too many of you guys online and obviously nobody is posting in this forum anymore. Although, I do seem to have a little more invested in this than most. If you google New England SC2, yeah, that's me. If you go on www.teamliquid.net and search "semi pro", that's me too. Well the top one should be... but they have started cranking down the internet blocks here at work and my tabs are slowly dwindling. No youtube, twitch.tv, personal webmail, reddit, or even my own damn webpage. Yet somehow... fucking facebook, of all things... still works np.

Anyway, who else still plays? even if it is casual...

i still drop in and crank out a couple 1v1s every now and then. i see deity on pretty regularly w/ his friends but our times dont seem to synch up, hes getting on when i'm getting off or vice versa

I play some. But not much really anymore. I tend to play bunker wars or squadron tower defense mostly when I do play. Both are pretty mindless/fun.

Still laddering s( '_')z

I'm pretty bad still... I'm starting to play more 1v1 and take improvement a little more seriously though. Echoplex.863 on B.Net, hit me up whenever :D

I ladder decent amount. Last season I dropped down to Diamond, but earned my way back to masters.

zAndreas 627 if anyone wants to 1v1 practice or team games.

Has anyone else been having issues with the install? I've been busy running a semi-pro sc2 league and haven't got the chance to log on recently, but on Fri when I went to update, all sorts of things started going nuts.

I didn't run into any issues; I did a clean install from retail then installed/upgraded directly after.

edit: not sure if i want to focus on his terran or zerg video first; I'm leaning towards terran since it seems a lot more newb friendly (no upgrades or gas, etc. whereas the zerg is a 'litle' more advanced). I'll think about it more :)

For race, do what comes most naturally to you.

You can get away with lower apm as terran.

Zerg games where my apm is 100+ I can be deadly with lings.

I'm going to follow his terran videos and keep track of my games (in regards to the benchmarks). Figured it'd be fun to see the progression I make.

edit: Not going to watch the next video (and add more to the benchmark) till I can hit 50 :< Obviously forgetting to expand right at 3:45..

You'd think something so easy would be done every time :P

editedit: 8GiKE.png

Off to bed.

Two things I've noticed:

Make first depot around the time you make the 10th scv.

Later on, my biggest problem is getting supply blocked, when you are jetting out 6+ rax and scv's at the same time, you need to constantly make 2 supply depots at a time. Having that many scv's on the minerals is a bit much (obviously once you add in other benchmarks, you'll be using them for gas/building/etc.).

Woot. 50 workers & second base at/before 3:45 (with spamming marines/supply depots/blocking entrance) twice in a row ;D

Last game I ended with 47 marines (not really benchmarking that, it's really since you have extra minerals), 50 workers @ 10m

Probably could use this to silver/gold with ease, but that's not my goal.

edit: I love filtersc; he's amazing

Filter's build stays the same from Plat to Masters and he just teaches you some slight variations and techniques along the way. It's pretty amazing. I've been watching Taeja recently and he kind of plays the same way: Enormous amounts of production in the late game.

For early game stuff: You can usually rally your tenth SCV directly to your main ramp (rallied from the CC) to build your first supply depot and it times out perfectly. On maps where the gap between your CC and ramp is bigger you obviously want to send it earlier. Another thing is that you want to have an even amount of SCVs between both bases. If you control click an SCV on your mineral line, you will select all of that unit type in your frame. You want 24 at each one and the returns from having more than 24 SCVs causes sharply diminishing returns per extra worker

sn3VU.gif

Doing horrible on the silver benchmarks, going to keep at it till I can hit it. The benchmarks are really good indicators; you shouldn't add in more elements to the game until you can get the basics down (for me, progression on the benchmarks).