numbers

Diablo 3 - Battletag

Witch doctor here! I am a fan of the Voodoo vibe and honestly, the background of WD (I know I am gonna type 'ED' more times than I would like) and his lore sold me over the barb who was going to be my first. I will probably throw in the monk at some point. It all depends on how long it takes to get to level 60 (3-4 days played time?)

EDIT:

Honestly many people here find the later acts of Normal very challenging (like they can't beat the last boss for weeks on end challenging), but I don't want encourage someone to pull up my words later and say "You said it would be difficult!" :) I'm not sure what additional balancing could happen before release.

I just read this from Bashiok on the D3 forums. I might be thinking/hoping that the game is longer than I am expecting. I don't know. Will there be a huge jump from normal to nightmare or will normal slowly increase difficulty so that the transition to nightmare is easier?

I hope the game is hard. I don't want for people to just farm bosses alone because it's too easy. Made D2 extremely boring at the end.

/login

/createrandomhellgame

/killmephisto

/killbaal

/leavegame

/startoverfromstep2

Want to know more about Diablo III's new auction house feature? We've just updated the Diablo III web site with a comprehensive Auction House guide that walks you through the ins and outs of Diablo III's in-game item marketplace, including details on buying and selling, a breakdown of how the real-money auction house works (in regions where available), and more. You'll also find some important information on Battle.net account-security requirements that players interested in using the real-money auction house will need to know about.

The gold-based auction house opens its doors worldwide on May 15 with the launch of Diablo III, and we plan to bring the real-money auction house online approximately one week after that. This is a new service that includes lots of complex elements, so we are going to take a little extra time to ensure the game gets off to a good start before we flip the switch and open the real-money auction house for business.

For more information, head to the freshly minted Diablo III Auction House website, or check out the updated Auction House FAQ.

Want to take on the hordes of the Burning Hells with a friend from halfway around the world? In Diablo® III, you'll be able to play on game servers in regions outside your own, with a few restrictions, using Battle.net®'s new Global Play functionality. Here's how it works....

Diablo III's global game servers are grouped into three distinct game regions:

The Americas - For players in the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia.

Europe - For players in the European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

Asia - For players in South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

In general, players will create characters and play in their "home" region, which is determined by where they live (specifically, the country of residence registered to their Battle.net account). Global Play gives players the ability to switch to any of the other game regions via the in-game options menu, either before or after they log in to the game.

Note that characters, items, and friends lists do not transfer across regions. Playing on a different region's servers means you'll be creating characters and friends lists specifically for that region and you'll be accessing the gold-based auction house for that region.

In addition, players will only have access to the real-money auction house (where applicable) when playing in their "home" game region. That means that, for characters outside of your home region, items cannot be bought or sold in any real-money auction house. The focus of Global Play is simply to give you the ability to play Diablo III together with your friends in any region.

For more information on Global Play in Diablo III, see the FAQ.

TLDR: No RMAH for first week of play, gold auction house available. Three different servers (Americas, Europe, Asia) with different characters and only have access to the RL $ auction house in your "home" region. Only affects people who want to play in the "Americas" server with account (based on where your residence is).

I will be rolling a Wizard first. Just love the style of play to much and having a high level Wizard will likely have the same/similar benefits that it did in D2. The only thing that I am really upset with about this is lack of offline play. I go long periods offline due to work and its lame that I cant play D3(or any other game that I currently enjoy for that matter) offline.

The biggest perk to the wizard (or sorcerer) from d2 is gone. You can't teleport non-stop.

Also:

The auction house doesn't have the ability for you to sell characters yet, no, but it's something we're looking to add.

The biggest perk to the wizard (or sorcerer) from d2 is gone. You can't teleport non-stop.

I think that the bubble that slows monsters and attacks (missiles by 90%!!!) every 20 secs for 8 seconds will be great for survival! For that reason alone I would love to have a wizard in my games.

Also, selling characters! :huh: OOOooOOOOoooOOOOO

Since I havent really done a lot of research on this tell me if I've missed something. Teleport with the wormhole rune will allow multiple teleports in a row? it doesnt say that it is limited in any way that I can see on the website. Link me to the forum data from devs if ther is any please. Still I see 2 teleports every 16 secs as being better than no teleports at all.

Ash

Ok so now I have done some research and here is what I think

I think with passives, skill bonuses, and + AP gear it is going to be possible to get teleport up much higher than the 5-6. for example

Archon= unlimited ap, Archon with the teleport rune gives you the ability to cast teleport in archon form. Coupe that with the wormhole rune on teleport(assuming that is possible) and you get 15 seconds of teleport.

Add

Familiar with the arcanot +2 ap/s

Astral Presence +20 ap and +2 ap/s

varius gear with +to ap (we'll call it 45 total)

so you have a pool of 165 ap and a regen of about ~14/s

seems to me that you would be able to cast a lot of 15 ap cost spells before running dry. Even then you do it all over again -archon in 16 seconds

The devs have said that there is no way to increase the ap pool and that any increase to pool size is actually an increase in regen. This doesnt jive with what people have seen in game and the tooltips available pre release. We'll have to wait and see. either way there will be some way in game to either increase regen or pool size and probably both. Regardless of whether the intent is to keep people from skipping content or not I think a certain degree of skipping is going to be available in game and I'm hoping to take advantage of that fact and the fact that most people wont be trying to make it happen.

regardless of leveling, there is value in getting to certain places and killing certain things without killing everything on the way. More of an issue when replaying or farming. Say I know there is a legendary monster at the end of a small dungeon(as there are in most) it just makes sense to skip some content to kill him quickly if my goal is loot and not exp. Also say I want to help someone with a quest. I can tp through content and pop them a tp. Really similar to d2 if it works(and it might not)

You won't need to 'rush' quests for your friends, aside from getting enhanced loots from bosses (first kill).

From what I've seen and heard so far, you're able to join any game of your friends (doesn't matter if you did the previous content already or not, unlike D2). It seems like you won't even need to beat normal to skip to nightmare, but we'll see. Unsure on that. They want to make the game very co-op friendly (easily join friends game on the fly without things stopping you).

Regardless... I'll be walking through the game on my first playthrough. I want to experience the game to the fullest.

edit: In regards to endgame: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4241234476

The only reason to be using teleport in my opinion is to avoid damage/death. Hey, if you want to have a build where you can spam it every so often sure, why not - it's your game. I don't think it will be that much of an advantage to teleport to bosses or uniques, just think of all the barrels and loose tiles you are gonna miss! You shouldn't need TPs they will just use your banner in town to appear where you are.

I defintely know I want to enjoy the story. I thought about rushing through normal real quick and taking a slower ride in NightMare to catch up on the story but I will most likey go slow on normal because the story will be ruined slightly by rushing the first time...