numbers

Diablo 3 - Battletag

An Item may NOT be sold for over $250.00. (Source)

Items such as armor and weapons have a $1 fee when sold.

Commodity items such as gems and materials have a 15% fee when sold.

Cashing out has a fee of 15%. (and that's it.) (Source)

RMAH will not be active for approximately one week.

You will not be able to sell characters at first.

Technically, 30% to take out on commodities (15% if you keep it as blizzard bucks). Items are $1 per item sold and 15% to take out ($1 if you keep it as blizzard bucks).

Take out = transfer to your paypal/etc. We'll see how much items/gold/etc. even sell for...

I'll probably dabble in it to at least be able to purchase the expansion purely from "playing the game"

Blizzard should make a hefty amount of $ from it.

Just to clarify, I dont intend to use tp to skip content while leveling and playing through the game. But once I have completed something I can then farm much faster with it. And do you really believe that barrels and loose stones will drop the same loot that difficult/rare monsters will? that was not my experience in the beta. You mentioned something about enhanced loot drop on first kill. So does a rare monster not have a100% chance of dropping a magic item on 2nd kill? does it become the same loot table as a barrel? if so that is absurd and game breaking imo epecially if the bosses and rare monsters are as hard as they say.

Just to clarify, I dont intend to use tp to skip content while leveling and playing through the game. But once I have completed something I can then farm much faster with it. And do you really believe that barrels and loose stones will drop the same loot that difficult/rare monsters will? that was not my experience in the beta. You mentioned something about enhanced loot drop on first kill. So does a rare monster not have a100% chance of dropping a magic item on 2nd kill? does it become the same loot table as a barrel? if so that is absurd and game breaking imo epecially if the bosses and rare monsters are as hard as they say.

Rare monsters are different. I was referring to bosses. Also, for endgame.. there is a "nephalem valor buff" (lvl 60):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4241234476

I don't think it is the same loot table in terms of drop percentages but I do think you can find the same drops at a MUCH lower percentage (500 times less?). However, for me, the biggest reason to smash barrels and open loose tiles is to find gold. I think that crafting is going to be able to create some of the best items available.

Boss kills (with the buff) will be more lucrative for farming drops than opening barrels. If it turns out that teleporting to champion/rare packs to get buff then straight to boss becomes the most lucrative farming method by a significant margin, I have no doubt Blizzard will nerf it.

Basically, you should be able to kill what you want without worrying about how efficient you are as long as you are killing things.

I agree that is their intent. I have no doubt that they will fail. there will be a portion of the game that produces better loot for less time or difficulty that will be farmed. I dont think there is any real way around that while maintaining the "sit down for 20-30 minutes and have a rewarding game experience" idea. That being said I plan to try to find just such a place and exploit it (within the rules) early. Much like those that farmed dragonscales for real cash early in WOW. I think the wizard has the flexibility needed to take advantage of whatever I find so I'm gong to start there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_5pc0_O1a0&feature=player_embedded

Anyone speak korean? Diablo 3 commercial.

"'Just seeing those cows stand on their hind legs was shocking enough'

Garry : ...named it Gabarian

Gil : I named mine Giladin.

It's going to be phenomenal of course [likely talking about May 15th]

'The shocking experience [from seeing a real time action game opposed to a turn based] is something that isn't easily forgotten.'

'[theorycrafted] Like writing down a thesis paper.'

'Diablo'

'Diablo'

'sigh, not enough mana'"

lol

JayWilson: We have a new system called "Nephalem Valor" that encourages you to kill randomly placed rares and champions. When you do, you get a stacking buff that increases your gold and magic find, and increases the drops on bosses. This makes it most beneficial to play through random content, then go fight bosses. JayWilson: BTW, I said earlier that Nephalem Valor is only available in Inferno. This is incorrect. It kicks in at level 60, regardless of your difficulty level.

JasonBender: MF is an average of the group's MF rating, so everyone either contributes combat power or boosts the group's MF. Valor covers the party.

k, that makes a lot of sense now. Chain kill rares/champions before killing bosses (endgame)

Can you keep teleporting if you are under 1 second, using the wormhole rune on the wizard?

JayWilson: You can teleport as many times as the animation will allow in the time before the cooldown is triggered.

just for the sake of consistency I changed my tag to colors#1328. (if you could change that numbers it would be cool)

Also, a few comments made by Blizzard employees changed my thinking on my first class. I was really excited to go with the witch doctor because between the two classes I liked (WD and Barb) he had a more interesting story during the open beta. I really like the WD with out pets (ie dogs and gargantuan, ESPECIALLY gargantuan - I just don't like that model!) So anytime I messed around on the skill calculator I always went petless and now I have read a couple commments by Blizzard saying that a pet less witch doctor is 'wacky' and more challenging, yet still viable.

Why is that wacky? I think the gargantuan is wacky!

Considering how much Blizzard has commented on the difficulty of inferno and me playing HC, I dont know that I want to have an added challenge just because I don't want a couple pets. This really shouldn't be a problem in groups but I don't know how many people are playing HC.

Hello brothers in arms, seems the day draws near.. With roughly 34 hours until launch ( the european one).

I am going to grind this game like a mother fucker.. know everything there is to know about the game.. I will be playing only on the european side and since I know some of you freaks are hardcore gamers I'll leave my battletag here as well, in case any of you wants to team up.

PeaceMaker#2476

I hope there will be people that will love to join, so see you in the game! Also will be following the forums once again and share information / look for it here.

Roughly 50 km from Venezia .. 200 from Milano and 500 from Roma.. but it doesn't really take a lot to move your ass in this country, looking forward to it then, since I will be more active around here!

P.S. Does it hurt your buttocks knowing I will play before you will? 5 hours and counting for me!

P.P.S. Also, if you haven't started installing yet, I just you get at it, the installed soundtrack gave me the shivers, epic shit there guys!

I quit my job last week :D :D :D :D Not explicitly for D3, but the subconscious works in mysterious ways

I'm not even calling out of work. I've had it scheduled and I told my boss that I'm taking the day off for Diablo.

Three other coworkers are taking off with me, and we are gonna start at 8 am.