numbers

Diablo 3 - Battletag

I had ordered a physical authenticator since 15/5 the day D3 launched, even though blizzard status shows shipped, i still haven't received it at all till date. Last I check it stated a 2-15 working days of delivery. Hopefully I will get it by next week.

In the mean time Im using the authenticator apps which I still think its a safe choice for now.

I recall reading a interview with a chinese farmer is that if any hacking was done it was done through phishing on other wow or d3 related wiki sites and used the passwords and emails gotten from there to force login.

So another words using authenticator is safe, another safer method is use a unique password for your battlenet login.

Yeah, my account got hit as well and full sweep of my machine was quite clean. I did use a password that I had used before though, so my best guess is that they someone pulled that from somewhere and associated it.

The Diablo hit was no big deal (I think I was like lvl 30 when they got me), but they completely cleaned out my lvl 85 WoW account which was annoying. Restores never do give you quite what you had before and largely made my interest in playing WoW go to zero.

Waiting on my authenticator now, changed password to something new and unique, and am hoping I don't somehow get nailed again before it arrives since I have no actual clue how they got my password to begin with.

I have been playing video games online for well over 7 years now.

I have never gotten phished / hacked / blabla one single time over the course of these years, even if I visited a multitude of sites that were fishy or shared my details with a few people I trusted. I only got scammed once or twice because of my stupidity of trusting the wrong people.. but other than that nothing happened..

I am either lucky or I haven't done some of the things you guys did, lets hope I did no jynx it and I will find my account empty next

I'm finally on Act 4 with my HC Witch Doctor. Almost got killed as soon as I walked through the portal... wtf!

so, HC in diablo 3 is a lot harder than in diablo 2, no? 10 second timer to exit game means, AFAIK, if you start a boss fight you either die or beat it...? how much time have you spent just gearing up or farming gold to gear up, drogith? i got my HC wizard to 16 but act 2 is a little difficult.

so, HC in diablo 3 is a lot harder than in diablo 2, no? 10 second timer to exit game means, AFAIK, if you start a boss fight you either die or beat it...? how much time have you spent just gearing up or farming gold to gear up, drogith? i got my HC wizard to 16 but act 2 is a little difficult.

I think at the time I was at 15 hours total. I did a few reverse Azmodan runs to gear up for hell. He was my bitch too. Ended up dieing Izual last night. Lev 33 WD... you will be missed. But HC mode is insanely fun! I just don't want to rerun everything :(

If I wanted to waste my time losing my items. I'd at least do it with pvp in mind. --- Eve ftw.

hardcore pve is so dumb, especially with the spike damage that currently exists in D3.

Seems fine, but I don't really understand the motivation to just grind and grind and grind.

You grind a bunch, surf the auction house to adjust your build for the next stat boosts the critters get, grind some more, repeat ad nauseum.

Played a couple guys through, got a Monk in inferno, but shrug, the game highlight was in the first complete playthrough. Everything since then has been pretty ho hum.

Seems fine, but I don't really understand the motivation to just grind and grind and grind.

You grind a bunch, surf the auction house to adjust your build for the next stat boosts the critters get, grind some more, repeat ad nauseum.

Played a couple guys through, got a Monk in inferno, but shrug, the game highlight was in the first complete playthrough. Everything since then has been pretty ho hum.

Exactly how I am feeling. Such a short game and just so much grinding for stupidly difficult curves between acts.

And, as I suspected, the easily accessible auction house just drove exploits and created an environment that didn't require a slow crawl of 4 players to complete things. It is solo grinding and AHing. Blizz goofed finally.

Truthfully, the only reason I'm still playing is to find easy ways of farming to bot with and sell items/currency. Gold sells like hotcakes, which I find really funny for how easy it is to grind.