• Sharks
    • Blackhawks
    • Canucks
    • Coyotes
    • Red Wings
    • Kings
    • Predators
    • Avalanche

I somewhat follow the NHL, but only because of the Devils. So I picked them for the Stanley Cup, as always. As for the other match ups I only mostly knew about 1 of the teams in each match up so I picked them.

EQF

Caps - Habs : Habs win in 7, because they're much better on the road than they are at home ice, so I somewhat consider playing only 3 games at home an advantage for them. Plus, Theodore sucks when he plays in Montreal.

Devils - Flyers : Devils in 5. Flyers have a good top 6, but a mediocre defensive squad and their goaltender situation is ridiculous, having their two starting goaltenders on IR (Leighton and Emery). The fact that they even got in the playoffs over the Rangers comes as a surprise to me. Boucher won't be able to do much.

Sabres - Bruins : Sabres in 6. Goaltending series. Rask steals 2 games, but in the end Miller comes out on top. Bruins' lineup is riddled with injuries and doesn't pose much of a threat against Miller, who's up for Hart consideration.

Penguins - Sens : Pens in 4. Sens without Kovalev are toast. They're not going anywhere with Elliot playing shitty lately, and Leclaire being his own self. They don't have enough support up front to help Spezza and Alfie, and their D isn't anything great either. Crosby will singlehandedly kill Ottawa in every game.

WQF

Sharks - Avalanche : Sharks in 5. As much as I enjoy seeing San Jose choke every year, they'll get past the first round with ease. They just have too much of a powerhouse team to choke that early, against an average team with a not-so-hot goaltender.

Blackhawks - Predators : Preds in 6. Yeah yeah Chicago is young and hungry and all that crap. They probably have the worst goaltending pair of the entire playoffs. Huet hasn't stopped anything in weeks, and his #1 spot has been overtaken by Niemi who isn't even a starter on some non-playoff teams. Preds come in as an underdog, with no pressure whatsoever. They've been playing great this whole year, and even though they're in 7th place in the West, they still managed to rack up 100 pts without many big names. They boast the best defensemen pairing in the NHL (imo) in Suter - Weber. Their 4 lines are contributing on offense and most of their forwards are good two-way players aswell. Pekka Rinne will get hot when it matters, and before you know it the Chicago powerhouse is sent packing.

Canucks - Kings : Canucks in 7. I hate saying this, cause I would've liked to cheer for an underdog Kings' team past the first round, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. While Quick is one of the winningest goaltenders in the NHL, he also played a ridiculous amount of games for his team and I don't think he has what it takes to be the right goalie in the playoffs. Not this year anyway, he's still quite young. Canucks' Sedins, Burrows and Kesler keep their ass-kicking business running, and Luongo plays good enough to get 4 wins.

Coyotes - Red Wings : Red Wings in 6. Same as above, I'd really like the 'Yotes to prove me wrong and advance further in the playoffs, but I don't see them get past a red hot Wings team. The Wings' best elements aren't injured, and they have two capable goaltenders : if Howard sucks, I'm pretty sure they're comfy enough with Osgood in nets, seeing as he's been rock solid these past two playoffs. Coyotes will learn much, and they'll be a serious contender for the President/Cup next year, but they're still too young to defeat the Detroit powerhouse.

ESF

Devils - Habs : Devils in 5.

Sabres - Penguins : Pens in 7.

WSF

Sharks - Preds : Preds in 4.

Canucks - Wings : Canucks in 6.

ECF

Devis - Penguins : Devils in 7.

WCF

Canucks - Preds : Canucks in 6.

SCF

Canucks - Devils : Canucks in 6 to bring the cup back in Canada. 6 games because I like when the Stanley Cup is won on home ice.

EDIT : FML, I voted wrong on 'Yotes/Wings.

I'm jacking peaches format...

EQF

Caps - Habs : Caps in 5. Habs have the edge in goaltending, but 1-2 goals a game isn't enough against the Caps.

Devils - Flyers : Devils in 6. Flyers are on like their 9th goalie (although Boucher did look good tonight). Pronger with a really bad penalty to give up the series-winning PP goal.

Sabres - Bruins : Sabres in 5. Miller is a beast and the Bruins are still missing their best player.

Penguins - Sens : Pens in 6. I'll be honest, I woulda said Pens in 5 had they not won tonight...that said, they're just a warmup round for the Pens. Pens with the edge in every category here.

WQF

Sharks - Avalanche : Sharks in 5. Agree with you here. Most of the Sharks offense is known to disappear in the playoffs. Heatley won't though and the rest of them will rally off him. The young Avs have stretches of greatness and looked amazing early this season but were rather underwhelming post-Olympics. No way the Sharks choke this one (although I did eat my words when I said the same thing last year...).

Blackhawks - Predators : Hawks in 6. Preds have been on fucking fire in the latter half of the season largely due to great goaltending. Against just about any other team I'd be predicting them to win, but they're playing the Hawks. Between a very solid mobile defense (including likely Norris winner Keith) and 4 ridiculously fast, solid forward lines they're just too good. Only thing that could cost Chicago is goaltending.

Canucks - Kings : Kings in 7. Ok, this is partly because I hate the Canucks...but if the Kings can shut down the Sedins, Vancouver has no offense left. That said...that's been hard to do this season. I still think Vancouver will choke this though.

Coyotes - Red Wings : Coyotes in 7. Likely the Vezina winner in Bryzgalov plus some very nice additions at the deadline make this a damn dangerous team. Can NEVER count of the Wings though, especially now that they're healthy and were on a tear at the end of the season. Howard as a potential rookie of the year winner will be the biggest question mark in this series. Can he keep it up when the pressure's on? This is going to be a long series but I think Bryzgalov is going to steal it for the Yotes.

ESF

Devils - Sabres : Devils in 7. These 2 teams are like carbon copies of each other. Both have spectacular goalies, both play very defensively and both have an anemic offense. But unless Vanek pulls his head out of his ass after a brutal regular season, Devils are going to win this.

Capitals - Penguins : Washington in 6. Revenge of Ovy. Lost to Crosby in the last playoff series, lost to him at the Olympics. He'll be out for blood.

WSF

Sharks - Kings : Kings in 7. Now that they're past the round, cue the choke.

Hawks - Coyotes : Hawks in 5. They're just too good.

ECF

Devils - Capitals : Capitals in 6. Read first round vs. Habs. Scoring 1-2 goals a game just isn't good enough against the Caps.

WCF

Hawks - Kings : Hawks in 4. The Cinderella run ends.

SCF

Hawks - Capitals : Hawks in 7. The dream series IMO...talk about exciting hockey. Two really good offenses and really fast teams. Edge to Capitals in goaltending, but Keith/Seabrook can shut down the Caps top scorers better than the Caps D can shut down the Hawks. Hawks should also have Campbell back by now giving them a boost on the PP

I just don't see a team with such terrible goaltenders win the Stanley Cup, let alone get past the quarterfinals. Niemi will have to be hotter than he ever was. But that would be quite a final matchup.

damn you sniper why you gotta hate on the canucks? Its not our fault that Alberta dropped the ball this year

I didn't answer the last question because the Hurricanes didn't make it.

Go Penguins (Princess Crosby). People hate him. I like the guy. At least he isn't cheap brute like Ovechkin.

EQF

Caps - Habs : Habs win in 7, because they're much better on the road than they are at home ice, so I somewhat consider playing only 3 games at home an advantage for them. Plus, Theodore sucks when he plays in Montreal.

I WAS RIGHT MOTHER FUCKERS

I WAS RIGHT.

_|_