Sign in to follow this  
Pasty (MZ)

Gaming Mouse

I'm looking for a gaming mouse, and it's kind of a bitch to do. There's no store I've found by me that both carries decent ones and lets me try out how they feel. My hand is a bit larger than average (hey ladies), so with just about every mouse I've tried, my pinky and the bottom end of my palm rest on the table. Sometimes my thumb, too. I want a mouse that will elevate my entire hand off the table for smoother movement. Any good ideas?

I'm using this right now. I'd probably love it if it were 25% larger and had a pinky rest.

I'm look at the Mionix Naos 3200. The RAT7 is my desperation play, but I don't want to spend that much.

That's funny, my pinky, thumb and bottom palm rest on the table, and I like it that way; I move the mouse without moving the bottom part of my hand, and I feel that it gives me much more control than elevating it off the table.

Yes, I said absolutely nothing important for this thread.

I snagged the Logitech G500 a couple years ago from Newegg's cyber monday sales and I've been pleased with it. It's a fairly good sized mouse, definitely bigger than the cheap crap we get from Dell at work, but I can't compare its shape or size to the MX400, they may be similar.

I've got fairly big hands too, but I don't recall whether my pinkie rests on the table or the mouse. I can check when I get home.

As for palm grip, the logitech g400 is the way to go for $30. It does NOT have the pinky rest, though. What it does have is a great optical sensor and is the choice for many pro FPS and RTS gamers. I don't use it because it is too light.

Do NOT buy the rat 7 unless you have infinite patience when it comes to cleaning out the sensor; it is crap and even the smallest speck of dust throws it off. I would have bought one if it wasn't for this problem.

The Mionix is the way to go and really is the only one that seems to meet all your needs, MZ. Also look at the steelseries Ikari, though, before you make your final decision.

I have the logitech G500 and its held up for the past year and I like how it feels/controls. Can adjust weight as it is a bit light.

I think g500 should do for you. I use a g5, and its not a small mouse by any means, but I have used some that were larger. The g500 has an increased thumb grip compared to g5, so it sounds like it should work for you. Adjustable weight with these mice is a nice feature.

Need a mouse.  I've only really used smaller mice.  Looking for something that's a bit bigger.  Funny thing is that I was loooking either the g500 or Mionix randomly.  I do like the left/right/up/down wheel on the g500.  Thoughts?

The only mice I've used with sideways motion on the wheels have been the Apple Magic Mouse and the one with the ball.  I find myself trying to go sideways a lot on websites/emails/documents when I'm using my Razer.  Annoying but I would normally only use that functionality with work. 

Just bought the Mionix.  Thanks for the giftcard/mouse family!

That's funny, my pinky, thumb and bottom palm rest on the table, and I like it that way; I move the mouse without moving the bottom part of my hand, and I feel that it gives me much more control than elevating it off the table.

Yes, I said absolutely nothing important for this thread.

So I was reading this and thinking "holy shit that's my exact same situation". Then I saw the name. Then I saw the date.

I have also once again said absolutely nothing important for this thread.

So I was reading this and thinking "holy shit that's my exact same situation". Then I saw the name. Then I saw the date.

I have also once again said absolutely nothing important for this thread.

love it.