Sign in to follow this  
RiceJ

EHJ "Dynasty" Fantasy Football?

I posted this under our normal Fantasy Football thread, but figure this will get more eyes on it.

I have been interested in starting a Dynasty FF league for quite some time. For those who don't know what it is, its a Keeper League in the extreme sense. You have DEEP benches and keep most to all of your players year to year. We would not be using IDP (Individual Defensive Players).

Post here if you're interested and we'll get a pinned topic in the Game Discussion if there are enough people.

Other than the draft the first year (which can go LONG), time commitment per week is that of a normal fantasy league. Set your starters and go. The idea is that with this type of league you're building for the long haul. Peyton Manning may be a great QB to have this year, but in 2 years he may be retired. Andrew Luck may bust or may be a great QB for years to come. Do you blow an early round pick on him hoping that he will lead you team to victory 2-4 years from now?

There is a draft each year, but its a much shorter draft. If our roster is 25 players, we may keep 20 of them and have 5 rounds of draft for incoming rookies and the like.

It also makes trades much more interesting.

Sending out a Bulk message. Yay abuse of power!! :)

I hope it works. I seem to remember issues last time I tried to use Bulk Mail.

I will be in class at the time of the draft. Don't know if that was just the default time. If you push it back to 9:30PM, or put it in the evening any other day, I should be good.

Yeah, it was just a random time I picked. I can easily move it.

I could be convinced to take part. I haven't done any FF in a few years.

Consider yourself convinced. Now PM ME! :D

I'm not too interested in this. The whole dynasty thing seems to be more time and study dependent than I want to do with a fantasy team.

Draft is set for 8/30 at 9pm now. That work for everyone so far?

Please take a look at the scoring rules. They're pretty close to the existing yahoo league, but with a few tweaks. We can adjust as needed before the draft.

Did you notice what happened last year? I think dead last is a good tell XD

Meh it is all in good fun. I have never done a dynasty league either so I will be noobish as well.

Sign in to follow this