RiceJ

EHJ DYNASTY Fantasy Football League

how is jimmy graham not a better pick than aaron hernandez prison or no prison?

Hindsight is 20/20. The Patriots TEs were incredibly well-valued last year. Then again I got stuck with Vernon Davis and TE was my worst position, so I can't claim to be any smarter than others.

Ok, settings updated.  NFL order makes sense, Deity, because its a Dynasty League.

I added a roster requirement of 0-4 DB, 0-4 DL and 0-4 LB.  Then there's a starting requirement of 2 flex IDP players from any of those 3 positions.  That was the only way I could see to do it.  I found a generic IDP scoring template and used those #s.  Let me know if it looks good.

So when we do the draft, we will be drafting both IDPs and for replacement to those who have been dropped? Did we agree to reduce the number of keepers by the number of new IDP slots? Just curious as to how the new IDPs will impact our retention strategies.

I'm open to suggestions here.  We indeed will be drafting for IDPs as well as replacing dropped players.  I don't know that we need to reduce the # of keepers this year.

Which team is Discos?  I can replace him with either Carny or Rollin.  I think Rollin posted first.

Freeside is discos old team, which I only remember because disco had Drew Brees as his quarterback and Julio Jones as his best WR.

Also, people had requested a flex position instead of the 3rd WR. We did not have a formal vote, but as commish I guess that is your call.

Yeah, I failed to save that change.  Fixed.

Also, I added a tentative draft date/time of Thursday, August 29th at 8:00 PM ET.

How does the keepers work? Is there a penalty for holding onto keepers? Most keeper leagues enact some sort of penalty per high valued keeper. So you are rewarded for keeping rookies etc and penalized for keeping stars.  IE victor cruz vs larry fitzgerald. 

Also the keepers says lifetime . Does that mean that I can keep 22 keepers every year, cycling whoever I want. Or i can only keep 22 people for my lifetime.  IE I keep drew brees, and in 3 years he retires, I cant replace his keeper space, so now i'm capped at 21 keepers?

Also with the massive bench in this league, why not do a proper IDP?  I've played on teams with half the bench size and I was required to start a lineman, a DB, and a LB. Much more difficult and strategic than any 2 defensive players, especially with these massive benches. 

I'll post more questions as I get them as i'm new to this and this fantasy site.

I would imagine it goes to both. I guess having TM and IDPs allows you to double up. We could always scrap the TMs. I'd be down for that, but that's bound to be somewhat controversial.

Ok, the kick return rule... your "TM" is defense.  You don't get kick return points there.  Only if you have the actual player that returned the kick.  In fact, I'm going to uncheck TM cause that makes no sense.  Its TM defense.

As far as keepers.  This is a dynasty league, it means you're building your team for the long haul.  Many years, etc.  You can keep 22 players each year.  Doesn't have to be the same 22.  The rest go into the draft pool.

I agree with Carny on the IDP.  Definitely would like an individual spot for all three defensive areas.  It would make having such a large keeper pool more viable and make you actually think about your keepers instead of checking basically all of them.

8/29/13 Draft will not work for me, as I will be going to cowboys stadium for a pre season game.  If i'm the only person that can't do that time then I can auto draft it.