Sign in to follow this  
disco

2012 Election

Seeing how the first presidential debate is wednesday and it's about a month to the election, seems like an opportune time for a condensed thread.

Latest RCP Map has Obama at 265, Romney at 191. Most pundits seem to think that, barring a major catastrophe, Obama is a safe bet to win. Intrade has his re-election chance at over 70%.

Thoughts on why that is the case / angry denunciations of polling methodology / I like pancakes?

I think pancakes are easier to eat, but waffles are easier to make. But I don't have a lot of experience making pancakes so that might be the problem.

After all, if you have no experience at something, how in the world do you think you can be good at it... even after all these years?

Waffles are rich people food due to the requirement to have a waffle maker. Pancakes are fantastic. Also, for some reason I tend to like butter flavored syrup better than maple syrup.

Waffles are rich people food

That's just blatant class warfare, Rouge, more politics of division. I may personally prefer waffles, but in the spirit of a Grand Breakfast Bargain, I suggest a pan-waffle-cake. For every waffle cranny, I'll concede to 10 flips in the frying pan.

Now I know, the waffle-lovers out there may say that all the pancake eaters want is to obstruct all waffle crannies - and there were some remarks made about obstructing the breakfast carb issue until no one could have any breakfast at all - but I believe that the pancake people know how important breakfast is, and would never prevent us from eating.

EDIT: Also, waffle irons cost like $20 and last for years, it's not $400/oz caviar for chrissakes - or even $30/lb smoked salmon.

Voting Jack Fellure

YSxD5.jpg

Also formal breakfast is for chumps. Save your hunger for burgin

That's just blatant class warfare, Rouge, more politics of division. I may personally prefer waffles, but in the spirit of a Grand Breakfast Bargain, I suggest a pan-waffle-cake. For every waffle cranny, I'll concede to 10 flips in the frying pan.

Now I know, the waffle-lovers out there may say that all the pancake eaters want is to obstruct all waffle crannies - and there were some remarks made about obstructing the breakfast carb issue until no one could have any breakfast at all - but I believe that the pancake people know how important breakfast is, and would never prevent us from eating.

EDIT: Also, waffle irons cost like $20 and last for years, it's not $400/oz caviar for chrissakes - or even $30/lb smoked salmon.

$20 PLUS TAX! And in this economy, who can afford the luxury to spend money on such frivolities. Frankly, the only time I get waffles is when I'm spending the night in a bedbug infested motel that has free breakfast. Now a pancake... a pancake won't ever let you down. All you need is a pan, heat, water, and a box of mix that you bought at the dollar sale for $0.99.

I think the sample size for pancakes is skewed in this thread. It should be balanced out with more waffle fans to show the real results.

I have a chorus rehearsal Wednesday night. <_<

Anyone happen to know of a site that will capture and post the full debate? It's pretty clear that the President will see a second term, but I'd still like to see the big show. Hm, maybe someone will post a torrent.

Did you know that, since 1973, the percentage of total pancake consumption by the top 1% has doubled while median pancake consumption for the rest of the 99% stayed stagnant?

I'm sure it will be downloadable somewhere, probably from whomever hosts the debate but certainly on youtube.

I think we're too caught up in the two-cake system. They're really just two sides of the same coin, both promoted by the Baking-Industrial Complex.

Muffins and Marmalade for Breakfast 2012.

It was kind of weird... I listened to a good half-hour of the debate on the radio and felt as though Obama was "winning." Then I watched the last bit on TV and listened to the media's take on the debate and they all stated that Romney won. It's amazing just how different were the perceptions.