Sign in to follow this  
Tender Peaches

8.5 Patch Notes

http://worldoftanks.com/news/2228-85-update-notes/

Along with the addition of the fabled new German lines, they're revamping the Scouts MM, although I'm not too sure what the practical effect of the changes will be :

All vehicles marked as Scout will be balanced according to the currently existing SPG rule: balance weight of Scouts in both teams won’t differ on more than +/-20 balance weight points

Also, they're nerfing the VK3601H's Konisch Gold Rounds and buffing the Standard Rounds to 165 DMG... I may try it out.

In high level matches (Tier IX-X) you often see 4-5 arties per side, along with a grab bag number of scouts. When one side ends up , say, with 3 scouts and the other tank only has mediums and heavies, the side with the scouts almost always wins due to the inability of most tanks to roam freely and scouts to maintain their camo while moving. The scouts either light all of the enemy tanks or find the arty easily which leads to a slow painful death for the other side.

The above scenario is not frequent, but they do represent my least pleasant experiences in WoT.

The new "scout" designation isn't a change since they all have that MM already. It only fixes the tanks left off of the list that have the scout MM already.