Tender Peaches

The Point of Contention Thread

What are your usual availabilities for the timeslots below? (all times EST)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Weekdays Evenings : 7PM - 10PM (excluding Fridays)

• Generally available
    • Depends on the day
    • Generally unavailable
  2. 2. Saturday Mornings : 10AM - Noon

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable
  3. 3. Saturday Evenings : 8PM - 10PM

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable
  4. 4. Sunday Mornings : 10AM - Noon

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable
  5. 5. Sunday Nights : 8PM - 10PM

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable

Alright folks, this is the official Point of Contention thread. Point of Contention is a Starcraft II Mod that attemps to recreate a battle of Shattered Galaxy through the Starcraft II engine. Check here for upcoming playing sessions, updates, upcoming features, progress reports, and more.

Upcoming Playing Sessions

Satuday Feb. 22nd - 10:00AM EST, 11:00PM SGT

Teamspeak Info : ts22.gameservers.com:9229, Shattered Galaxy channel at the very bottom

Feel free to drop your feedback, bug reports, suggestions or iquiries below. More importantly, join us for some bare-legged entertainement next Sunday!

PS : You do not need the HotS expansion to play, only Wings of Liberty is required.

Is this not in Misc Games because you want non-Ehj in on it?

Also, fuck, I won't be able to test this weekend either. Hit me up on weekdays, and next weekend definitely.

Because Misc Games is a recluse subforum which requires obscene amounts of scrolling down. And yes, non-EHJs are welcome aswell, the more people we get the better.

I don't know if we can reliably have good numbers during a weekday yet :/

I'm pretty fucking busy doing business stuff, but I can probably get myself and some people on from my gaming group I run online.

What's the max player cap for the map?

Oh wait is this HOTS or WOL? None of us bothered getting HOTS.

there's actually an EHJ group now.  we are using the WoT TS i think.  the map is already fun for me, but I never played SG so I don't know what's missing.  I think tact/shades are a little OP atm :)

Yeah ok so the map is 7v7, the size is scaled down to accommodate that lower number of players, the game does not require the expansion, the experience is pretty much identical to playing SG so if you found that fun you'll enjoy this, and yes we need as many people as possible because we have yet to try it with 7v7. (but 5v5 was exponentially more fun than 3v3, y'know)

Ya, we're using the WoT TS server, I added the address to the OP. There's also an EHJ group on SC2, if you're not in it then bugger Cres, Deity or myself when we're online and we'll add you.

So yesterday Cres made the comment that right now, Cloak's hotkey is C as opposed to K. If you don't remember (but I guarantee your finger's muscle memory does), SG's cloak was on K. I'd rather pick one and stay with it right now so we can get used to the real thing, regardless of which one we end up picking. I'm personally indifferent to either options, so I'd like some feedback.

C is what I went for instinctively. It's the first letter of the word, it's very intuitive and, more importantly, it's not located halfway across the keyboard.

K is old school, and all of us who played SG will have no problem using it. However, it's neither practical nor intuitive.

In the event that assigning two hotkeys for an ability is impossible (or not worth the effort), which one would you go for?

Also, while we're on the subject of hot keys, I'm pretty sure that the in-game UI would have the hot key for each ability capitalized when you hover over the icon down at the bottom.  So, it would list Camo, cloaK, or aFterburn as opposed to Camo, Cloak, and Afterburn to make it more obvious.