Tender Peaches

The Point of Contention Thread

What are your usual availabilities for the timeslots below? (all times EST)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Weekdays Evenings : 7PM - 10PM (excluding Fridays)

• Generally available
    • Depends on the day
    • Generally unavailable
  2. 2. Saturday Mornings : 10AM - Noon

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable
  3. 3. Saturday Evenings : 8PM - 10PM

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable
  4. 4. Sunday Mornings : 10AM - Noon

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable
  5. 5. Sunday Nights : 8PM - 10PM

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable

I can make you the same system on the website much easier using javascript, which outputs a text string and you can copy paste into the entry screen on the map which then saves to your bank file. 

Is this doable in the map, that is take in some raw data and then create an inventory from it?

it's doable, but thats irrelevant to he issue at hand. i agree that he way alt units are displaeyed right now is somewhat clumsy, but unless we find a solution that doesn't involve a full-on lab system, it'll stay as is.

if you really want to talk about it, the way we see the future of POC would be an app that you DL into your bank folder that sends info to the server after every battle, allowing for things like a F2esque map, faction wars and oher goodies. labbing is a lot more complex since it involves an entire key system to store your units loadouts, on top of an actual lab which needs to be connected wih your character. that could probably be included with the app but it would make it a lot heavier. option 2 would be a separate sc2 map that would act as a faction capital where you can lab all your shit.

honestly though, allowing customizable units always implies a massive amount of worm, which is why i'm totally okay with exploring the capabilities of our current system while the rest of the game is worked on. it was a very cool part of the game for sure, but as we've seen during our sessions SG didnt need labbing to be fun.

any way to make the poc in 45 degree?

make one poc close to port for sitter.

a1

b2 

c3

like that, so 7 players can play 1 sitter 2 poccers 4 eduers to get rest of two pocs

what do you think?

The map is pretty balanced and fun as is, so I'd rather work on more important issues. Plus, we're not going to make a map according to what we want the meta to be - let the meta build itself.

Edit : By the way, if anyone is interested in seeing how the map works, let me know and I'll send it to you. I know Nv expressed interest but the map is Locked right now which means you can't see what's inside it (unless you have google and 5 minutes on your hands, but shhhh).

I took another video of the last battle from the Sunday session so I'll try to post it soon!

Great!

Me and a buddy of mine will try to join :D

I really like this mod, brings up Some good old memories!

Are there any new hotkeys? I tried to switch formations ( alt e,d etc ) but it didn't worked.

And is it possible to switch 'roles' after you retreated your units?

Lahn

We tried to keep most hotkeys the same, but since some were hard-coded in for Starcraft 2 usage we had to make some changes. Most notable example being F8 to retreat rather than F11. All abilities hotkey should be the same as their SG counterparts. As for formations, we only implemented the wide circle formation (Alt-Q in SG), the hotkey is simply Q to turn it on/off. Here's the full hotkey list, I believe it's up to date :

F1 - Custom Help

F2 - Select All

F3 - @allstats

F4 - Character Screen

F5 - Faction Screen

F6 - Lore

F7 - View Squads

F8 - Retreat

F9 - Achievements

F10 - Game Menu

F11 - Message Log

F12 - Unit List

Ctrl-F3 - @mystats

Ctrl-F6 - Team Kill

Ctrl-F7 - Toggle Real/Team Colors

Ctrl-T - Tips On/Off

We're looking into having this list available ingame, probably in the Help screen somewhere.

Switching roles is limited to the "pregame" phase before the game actually starts. You can change role 30 seconds in if you haven't reinforced anything yet, but otherwise your role is locked until the battle ends.

By the way, what was your SG name? It's really fun to see original SG players popping by!

Thanks!

I played lltwistedll from 2006 until 2008. Then i played Xenthe :)

Now i'm still playing on relic... Kinda boring :(

Woah, Xenthe? Pretty sure I leveled that char for codes a couple of times, unless I'm mistaken. That's dope.

If you liked the game with 2 players, I'm really hoping you and your friend show up on Sunday... Can't wait to hear your opinion after a 7v7 game ;)

Hey guys, thanks to the few of you who showed up. My laptop died earlier in the week so it was pretty hectic to even have a new patch out by Sunday, but since we ended up with a couple of 3v3 games I'd say it was worth it. Here are some issues that were brought up last night :

> Endgame is still being announced too early

> Stat screen is still buggy

> The host is still the only player who can change people's teams

> Airmines are overpowered? Funnily enough, in a world where there are no MC Dors, Momos have found their purpose as top notch Airmine Clearers/Albs Killers, regardless of class.

That, on top of a couple of issues that were here 2 weeks ago and that haven't been fixed. My new laptop will come in next wednesday so work on the map will start there. That said, there are still things like the wikia that can be contributed by pretty much anyone. Just ask Cres for specific topics, we have a general outline in mind and people's contributions to the wiki will need to follow said outline.

Back to the games last night, we had some pleasant surprises. Some guy just showed up in the lobby without being invited by anyone (ie he went through BNet's arcade system) and seemed to know his shit, even going as far as going into Q formation when getting pigged. I didn't get to add him before the game ended, but if we could get hold of if somehow that'd be pretty swell. I guess going through the replay would be enough?

There was a 2nd wulu at one point, he seemed to have trouble with the english language as a whole and raged out 5 minutes in. That said, with the new loading screen (lore), there's about 450 characters-worth of space that could be used for a quick explanation of how-to-play that would be understood by as many people as possible.

Here's some updates on oncoming features :

• New Matchmaking system - Players won't select their team in the game lobby, instead there will be a single team which shall be split by the map itself once the game starts, according to the player's faction allegiances.
  • Website - This will be worked on according to my semester's workload, I'll try to at least have it functional in the next two weeks though.
  • Wikia - 95% of the basic work on the Wikia is still yet to be done. While it's not nearly as crucial as the map and the website itself, it's relatively easy to do (and honestly pretty fun). It's also a big undertaking so the earlier it gets started, the better.
  • Player Stats (F3) - May have a solution, should be implemented by next patch. I'm not going to say it'll be fixed though, cause we all know how that goes.
  • Custom Models - This would actually be pretty cool. Custom models would allow us to do crazy things like forgetting the whole Crystals thing and having the POC itself change colors, or white Factions, or Sappers that don't look like they were dropped in a dye bin. Anyone can get started on this at anytime. This could be a good starting point, might be outdated. Google is your friend.
  • New Units - It's been a while since any new unit has been released. The primary reason isn't even the fact that sgtofu went down, it's actually that there have been more important features to work on for the past couple of months. The map right now is far from satisfactory as far as polishing goes, and there are still a bunch of features to fix that have nothing to do with units. We've had the paperwork for Oyzis all this time, but since there's always other stuff to do they still haven't been implemented yet. The current status is : Cres is going to get started on Shattered Designer to complete the remaining units just to make sure we're not reliant on external programs anymore, then we'll get back to trickling a couple of units in every other week. Expect unit releases to be slower than the 4 per week we were used to in Alpha. Next units in line for implementation include Wights and Spirits.

Next session should be in two weeks.

Honestly, even if it was just a couple of 3v3 matches, it was still pretty fun. Of course, my computer crashed on the last one, so that didn't really help.

Next session will be on February 9th. It's becoming very important that we fill some 7v7 battles. We've spent a lot of time and some money to try to bring the game so exposure so we might start getting some randoms but it really helps when the core of us show up.

Hmm.. so how do I get onto this said custom map now that its in open beta, can't seem to download it from the bliz servers.

Also, I'm on Americas region for SC2, should I add anyone or any group chat? I have Deity and I think I defuct 'Ehj' group chat on my list heh.