Tender Peaches

The Point of Contention Thread

What are your usual availabilities for the timeslots below? (all times EST)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Weekdays Evenings : 7PM - 10PM (excluding Fridays)

• Generally available
    • Depends on the day
    • Generally unavailable
  2. 2. Saturday Mornings : 10AM - Noon

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable
  3. 3. Saturday Evenings : 8PM - 10PM

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable
  4. 4. Sunday Mornings : 10AM - Noon

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable
  5. 5. Sunday Nights : 8PM - 10PM

• Generally available
    • Sometimes available
    • Generally unavailable

Uploaded to the drive 2 new files, for those who have access and might be curious.

One is the list of Uranium values (1:1 with Prestige earned) to unlock units. We're going with a more casual-friendly number of battles to unlock all units by having unlocked units available on all unlocked classes. Players are expected to unlock all units in about 300 battles, with an additional 3750 uranium to spend to unlock the other 3 classes. Elitist is unlocked with an achievement, not Uranium. Other Uranium sinks will be designed outside Unit and Class purchases.

The other file is the beginning of the outline for the AI behavior. The different behaviors listed there will be further defined.

There's some crazy shit about to go down.

We don't plan to have an official event until the 2nd weekend of March, but due to the ridiculously large amount of content that will be implemented by then, I'd like to test the map well before that. Probably this weekend, on the usual Sunday night at 8PM EST. This won't be advertised anywhere but here, this is really just to make sure every new feature works. That said, we'll be playing regardless of how many people we have, so the more the merrier.

How did this past test session go?  I'm sorry I missed the last two meetups.

I've listened to the capital music posted by Jovan for 30 minute straight.  I almost want to download SG and log on but I know it'd be too sad.

Well I wouldn't count yesterday as an official test session but it went well, the new core features seem to be working well enough. There are a few quirks with the UI still but everything is progressing at a good pace. The mod feels like an actual game now that character progression has been introduced.

I don't know yet if next session will be held this weekend or the one after that. I've got a lot of college stuff on my plate so I don't know if I'll be able to devote as much time as I'd like on PoC in the next two weeks. That said, our very next big piece of new content is AI, which will effectively turn every game into a "7v7". Hopefully this'll make it a lot easier for everyone to check out the game on their own without having to rely on testing sessions.

No worries about development deadlines or anything. Take care of college first.

Meanwhile I'm reveling in my raging nostalgia boner. If you could implement the eg music on the map I'd be so happy.

Bleh, sorry I couldn't make it. I think the Saturday morning session was the easiest time for me, if you do one of those again in a few weeks I'd probably be there.

Thanks 2x0, that information is actually very useful to us. We had a nice showup for the last Saturday morning session, so we'll definitely be trying that again.

Edit : I was gonna make a separate thread for this, but might aswell use this one. I've put up a poll in the OP - it takes 30 seconds to fill up and would help us immensely when scheduling sessions. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who voted so far :)

We're in a bit of a pickle. We don't know what to rename the Shocktrooper class. We're somewhat certain we just haven't landed on the right name yet. Looking for suggestions!

Among the ruled out so far :

Invader

Vanguard

Shocktrooper

Clouter

Defender

Conqueror

Tank

Mammoth

xoxo

Einherjar? Or would that be self promoting...

I'm hoping someday soon I'll be able to hop on and play with you guys. Need to find time first and then reinstall SC. Eventually when I get my new website up(all games and not just world of tanks) I could add this to get some added attention if you'd like.

Thanks to everyone who voted so far :)

We're in a bit of a pickle. We don't know what to rename the Shocktrooper class. We're somewhat certain we just haven't landed on the right name yet. Looking for suggestions!

Among the ruled out so far :

Invader

Vanguard

Shocktrooper

Clouter

Defender

Conqueror

Tank

Mammoth

xoxo

Bullet sponge

Pin cushion

Meat shield

Fortress

Knight

Bastion

Titan

Armorer

Some are silly, I know, but just throwing a few out there.

Einherjar? Or would that be self promoting...

It sounds badass obviously but we want class names to be easily associated with their purpose. The 4 other classes fulfill that requirement quite well, Shocktrooper right now is the only one that stands out of the group in that regard.

Meatshield captures very well the essence of the class, but it doesn't quite fit in with the other 4. How would you go and call a soldier or bataillon whose role is to be a tactical meatshield?

Next weekend will be the 3rd weekend since the last session, so I'd very much like to have an event then. However, I will be, at best, overwhelmed by college work until then. Usually that would be no biggie, but as a secondary effect of all the new features implemented the last couple of patches, there are some potentially gamebreaking bugs in the map right now that should really be fixed before we hold a new event. I don't know if I'll have the time to fix them, so I'm asking you guys for help.

I know the Editor is cold and unwelcoming at first, so I'm more than willing to set up a time where I can hop on Teamspeak to guide you through the map itself and where to look for bugs. The Triggers are actually fairly easy to understand even with little to no background in programming. I won't deny that having such a background helps, but since there's no actual code, it's really easy to pick up what each instruction does. The harder part is figuring out why each instruction does what it does, and that's what I'll be helping you with through Teamspeak.

Again, anyone willing to help (or just curious to check out what the map look like) can send me a PM and I'll send you the latest version of the map. You can find me on Steam, or in here, or through Facebook. Thanks!

Don't feel pressured to update the game. I think most of us are just grateful that we've got something to play that is faithful to SG. Take your time and just have fun doing it.