Sign in to follow this  
Tender Peaches

Thread About Stuff

Since very few people actually check these boards, I'll just pull a #s and use a single thread as a repository for intersting shit I stumble upon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj5M6Q140G0&feature=youtu.be

Latest CW development -> -G- simply annihilating PURPL so hard that they actually disbanded. I think pjr is going to recreate the clan, but a couple of players have openly expressed their displeasure at how the war with -G- was handled, so expect a rush of new blood in PURPL. You may not like -G-, but they're really freaking good at tanks.

New Russian medium line planned in 8.8

ktts_1.jpg

Also, EU Tree with tanks from various countries is planned. So far, seems like Czechoslovakia, Sweden, Romania and Italy will have their own tanks.

Also, rocket tanks are planned.

Also, new Chinese T8 premiums : T-34-3 Medium and 112 Heavy, planned for 8.8.

Yep. It should only affect its camo and matchmaking weight though. The VK 30.01H is also going to be dropped down to tier 5 and be changed as a Heavy (why not the 30.01P, I have no clue).

8.8 will also introduce a much cooler stat screen along with WGR, WG's own rating system. It's probably not going to replace WN# though. They don't want to disclose the formula, which means no one will have any clue what it's actually going to be measuring, which means there's a high likelyhood (sp?) of most good players not giving a flying fuck about it. Especially since it's WG and they have a knack for doing all kind of dumb shit for no reason. We'll see, maybe they surprise us with something actually effective that doesn't count stupid stats like cap points or accuracy.

Very interesting to read stuff like this since I've completely dropped tanks for the past few months. Im a bit let down that they havent put an emphasis on new maps and features over just new tanks though.

Oh actually they did add a few maps. You left right after Pearl River I believe? Since then, they've added two new Winter maps in a rocky/mountain settings : Sacred Valley (pretty interesting map, kind of like a good Redshire/Westfield mix, Korea inspired) and Severogorsk, another neat, cramped mountain map. They're also coming out with another Tundra map in 8.8, using the same textures as Karelia.

As for features, they're presently reworking the entire chatting system.... Finally.

It seems like the KV-1S will lose its signature 122mm gun in the 8.9, to be replaced by the 100mm S-34 and the 85mm 85M.

VK3601H is probably also going to be nerfed via a Konisch nerf. It makes me sad but I agree, it's pretty broken as it is.

Foch155 and T57 heavy will also be nerfed.

Yay.

"Reasonably sure" the German 2nd TD line will be released in 8.9. Will include the Marder III (tier4), the Nashorn (tier6) and Waffenträger E-100 (autoloader, tier10).

Second american medium line is planned, they're currently looking for the best tanks to fill it with.

Chaffee branch will eventually be prolonged.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the translation correctly, but apparently if you lose and recieve a medal, you will gain as much XP as if you were on the winning side. Which still sucks because I play to win and sometimes that involves finishing a tank rather than trying to get Confederate or taking impossible shots because I don't care about Sniper. So I end up with 4k damage and no medal. Oh well.

By the way guys, if you're in need of a cheap garage slot... It seems confirmed that anyone who owns a VK 3001H when 8.8 kicks in will receive a free garage slot, the replacement tank (VK 3001M) and a 100% medium crew (since the 3001H is becoming a heavy).

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/22/slow-and-steady-weekend/

still no equipement sale, fuck you WG

x2 crew xp on all tanks

bunch of tier5/6 heavies on discount

that mission is pretty sweet though... apparently I've learnt how to play the E-50 overnight. I went from barely averaging my HP every battle to dealing something like 3k average damage over the past 2 days. It's bloody strong and I will be sad to sell it for an E-50M, but oh well. Maybe I'll buy it back at a later date.

Guest Paradoxex

Finally got Mastery Badge on my Object 704. Took 7,500 damage and 6 kills to do so,but it was well worth it.

Oh ya, finally got the E-50M, which is my first Tier X ever. Took me 8600 games. That's pretty high considering I know Para had his at what, 3-4k? And plenty of people have had them way, way earlier aswell. That said, my long-term plan (which caused the delay in the first place) is starting to come to fruitition, and now even the disadvantages of grinding so many lines at once are starting to fade out. I'm a much, much more complete player than I would've been had I just ground through 2-3 lines and reached tier X with 2k games under my belt, plus more lines researched mean a shorter way to key tier X tanks. Here's what it looks like :

Italics means I don't actually have the tank, but it's unlocked and the crew just waiting for its turn.

Germany :

E-50M, 300+% crew (meaning 2 skills, working on 3rd)

E-75, 300% crew, just unlocked 128mm, working on E-100 grind & Ace tanker

Ferdinand, 100+% crew (new crew, old TD crew was mostly camo which is completely useless on JagdTiger/JgPzE100, plus these two are 6-men crew rather than 5), working on JpzE100

AFKPanther, 290% crew, will probably keep, it's actually a really really fun tank when played to its strengths

VK3601H, 450% crew (working on 4th skill), most played tank and obvious keeper, my go-to medium TCs tank

Tiger II, 300+% crew, keeper because King Tigers are awesome and might be of use for Champion TCs

Pz S35, 200% crew, seal clubber

VK4502A, 200% crew, the crew was initially my arty guys but since they nerfed arty to shit I don't really care about that anymore, so might as well just have them serve a purpose... working on Maus

Indien Pz, 200% crew, spare medium crew I used to statpad my initially horrible Pz IV stats, working on Leopard I

2nd German TD line, 250% crew

Out of all these, the E-100, Leopard I and Waffentrager E-100 are the ones I'm most looking forward to. The first two are seeing quite a bit of CW action, and as for the last one well... 150mm gun with autoloader doesn't really need any other justification.

UK :

Crusader, 350% crew, keeper because it's absolutely amazing and why don't people play it more... my objective atm is to be above the "top" players DPG/KPG-wise, and I'm well on my way to achieve that :P

Centurion I, 300% crew, working on FV4202

Caernarvon, 200% crew, working on FV215b

USSR :

IS-3, 200% crew, will probably keep due to the demand for Champion TCs and because I want to be good with it... might use the crew to grind the IS-8 though, definitely going to go for IS-7

T-43, 100% crew, working on T-62A or Obj.140, depending on how the second one turns out to be

KV-5, 300% crew, credit grinder and generally fun tank, crew will probably be swapped at one point to grind the 2nd heavy line towards IS-4

LTP, 100% crew because why not

T-54, not nearly unlocked but I have a 2nd crew specifically for it... looks fun as hell and borderline OP. if it doesn't turn out to be keeper material, the crew can go to either T-62A or Obj.140, depending on which one I took with the other crew

Looking forward to the T-54/T-62A, heard plenty of good things about them and they seem to fit my playstyle of aggressive sniping and constant flexing in ideal situations. I hate Russian guns because of their pathetic aim time/accuracy compared to their German counterparts though.

USA :

M7, 100% crew, working toward T69, T57 Heavy, might keep the T71 along the way due to the awkward crew

T1 Heavy, 100% crew, working toward T110E5

Will probably grind the E5 line a lot slower than the T57, because autoloaders are OP and the E5 is falling out of style with the top clans' CW strats. There's still enough demand to make the grind worth it, but apparently the accuracy changes and the subsequent gain in popularity of tanks like the Leopard 1 have made the E5's cupola a busy whorehouse for shells in seek of companionship. T69 for Champion TCs.

France :

AMX 13 75, 100% crew, working toward AMX 13 90, BatChat 25t.

Not much to say, the 25t is pretty op, but I might also keep the 1390 for Champion TC purposes. The TD and Heavy lines are probably the next grinds I'll start, if I start any.

China :

Type T-34, 100% crew

Didn't really work on Chinese tanks so far. I suppose there are some things that make them differ from their USSR counterparts, but I'd just rather go oldschool and play the originals instead of the chinese copies. Plus I've heard some true horror stories about their poor gun depression. I will probably run through the WZ-132 line because I seem to always overperform in light tanks that everyone hate (not the 132 specifically, but apparently the 59-16 and 131 are pretty average), then finish off with the 121 because mediums.

Tanks are fun. Now if only WG was a north american company and met the bare minimal standards of what we're used to customer-relations wise...

I fucking love the E-50M. Notice the chance to win and the 4-man OTTER/ACES blues' platoon. I camped out the K line on South Coast, holding pretty much the entire flank by myself against an E-100 push and all the while taking shots at a T57 Heavy camping down C6. I did end up getting clubbed mercilessly to death, but it was a blast while it lasted. I understand why this tank is not CW viable, but as a pubstomper it's absolutely gorgeous... Especially when said pubs are OTTERs :P

zyf4i8.jpg

So the VK3601H is getting whacked with the nerfbat hard in 8.8. I agree that it needed to be nerfed, but apparently it's so bad now that most people are just selling theirs. Along with rebranding it as a Heavy tank, they're nerfing the Konisch's damage to 135 (which also fucks up my AfkPanther... go fuck yourself WG) and are nerfing the shit out of its engine, so much that the top engine in 8.8 won't be as good as the stock engine right now. So it'll be pretty much like a Tiger minus the decent alpha. Slow ass heavy that doesn't do shit except snipe from afar.

I'll try it out because it wouldn't be the first time people cry over something that's not too bad, but so far it's not looking good, especially when the people who've been vocal about saying it are excellent players themselves. I doubt I'll sell it since there's permanent camo/emblems on mine, but once the crew completes its 4th skill I might just leave it empty in the garage. Sigh.