Sign in to follow this  
numbers

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Excellent!

So what's your basic approach?  Seems like EU ranked meta is hugely hunter right now, with some hand & zoo lock and the occasional weird priest or pure aggro mage (though I suspect those dissapear as you hit 5 ).

Haven't been playing much Hearthstone lately.  Sitting on a pile of gold for Narraxxus, but the current playstyle just seems rush rush and more rush, without enough good decision making.

I primarily played zoo lock throughout the season (everything after mid-teens).

I started the season with shaman, but it's a relatively hard class to play in the current meta. The same story goes for paladin. When your hero ability is usually more harmful than helpful in a current meta, I'd shy away from that particular class. That's not to say it isn't possible. There are people who are able to use those classes and still hit legend. Trump was able to hit legend with shaman, with a "free-to-play" deck (cheap cost deck) recently.

With that said, zoo lock is a REALLY easy deck to play. The general strategy is to stay aggressive on the board, keeping board control. Try for a good starting hand (which is able to do turn 1, 2 or 1, 2, 3, depending if you're first or second), if not, you'll most likely draw into something that'll be useful anyways due to the curve of the deck. Every card has great value and does not rely on a combo that so many deck types require (murlock, for example). You are going for superior trades to keep your minions on board, which helps you get that early game advantage (which you have to do). If a game gets to late game (or an enemy stabilizes), you've pretty much already lost unless you get really good RNG, assuming it's possible.

As mentioned earlier, the deck keeps three thing in mind if going for legend:

1. RNG

2. Time

3. Skill (to a certain extent)

It's a way easier deck to play than anything on the current meta (in general: get card, play card). The rogue deck I recently posted takes a lot more knowledge, but is really strong. From a zoo standpoint: there are games where you simply bite the bullet, due to the opponent getting the draw to take board control. Warrior with a weapon & cruel taskmaster draw, along with a later draw of Baron Geddon is one example. Rogues are really good to get board control early on as well (against zoo), with an opening hand like... double backstab or blade fury & deadly poison; having minions that combo really help with those - since you could potentially be getting 1-2 minions out of the board while killing 1-2 before doing anything.

With that said, a lot of games will come down to what you & your opponent mulligan. I was able to keep a relatively good W/L rate, though, considering I don't really think I'm a good hearthstone player. Lastly, I think the fact I had a goal really helped me get through a lot of games.

Cool.  I am guessing it took you a lot of games to simply let your choices outweigh the slog of RNG, but the benefit of a deck like that is that all your games should be fast, so you can cycle through a lot more games in the same amount of time, compared to say Druid control or the like.

I should considering doing that next season.  I've been kind of unmotivated with Hearthstone lately but I still basically enjoy it.  I dislike that they upped the legendary drop rate in Arena though, since it just increases the random element. 

zoo games do go fast, so it wasn't too bad. I think my lock had about 150 wins (also had 20~ on hunter & 30~ on shaman). So 200~ wins is decent enough; I wouldn't really wouldn't count the hunter games I had though, so it did more harm than help (I am really bad with that deck).

If I took away the hunter games, I'm sure 180~ "wins" would be about right. Depending on your win %, that'll increase/decrease the amount needed. Without streaks, rank 5 to legend is 25 wins over losses.. give or take. 25 to rank 5 is a breeze with a competent deck.

The rank 20 card back looks a LOT more fancy than the legend card back.

I don't see a real incentive to push for legend after you hit it once, aside from bragging rights... which is very minor.

Regardless, the "gold" class is pretty nifty though (500 wins per class in ranked). I still think arena >>>> constructed, though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AifXEOqTcGcLdFVvWk1GRjVJTHJUaTVLcGViR1RRTFE in case you haven't seen it

been switching between the lock deck number posted (is that zoo?) and UTH since my miracle rogue isnt much to look at ATM.  UTH is strong enough but i find the lock deck a lot more fun to play.  turns just aren't long enough sometimes w/ all the animations....

ya, it's zoo. I used a very similar zoo deck from rank 13~ to rank 3. Then switched to that one from rank 3 to legend.

I think the best thing about the zoo deck is fast games. Plus, it been a very very strong deck doesn't hurt. :P

Messing around with a druid deck now, few more cards for its "complete" form. Currently, just using temporary cards for the legendary slots.

First one is more to counter "handlock" (I don't have a black knight; hard card to replace). I'm using close to the second one. Replaced Thanalos with either loot horder/kobold geomancer, Cairne with Sunwalker (downside, countered by black knight, otherwise a weaker card since the enemy can tap it first).

watchateaching3.PNG

watchateaching2.PNG

Hit rank 5 (started at 25 on the 16th) with a cheap face warrior build, but 5 days 25-5 with limited time is not bad, had a 20 game win streak right off the bat, got me into the 7-8 range, been a grind since though. Put up a list later~

Just opened a pack with a Golden Onyxia. I doubt it's going to get buffed/nerfed anytime soon, so I disenchanted it and made a Bloodmage Thalnos ;) I also considered some other cards... but I think it's the second best legendary (generally speaking) at the moment.

Leeroy being first.

Naxx pricing posted:

(boggle, ic.com won't let me post the link for some reason).

Anyways, 2800 gold for all the wings.  Easy stuff.

I was expecting between 500-1000 per wing. The rl $ price is fair, as well.

Regardless, same. I'll have enough today or tomorrow. After I hit 2800, I'll go back to arena/pack purchases.

Hello!

So I started playing a week ago. Fell for it, and bought the 40 packs. Made a Safari Hunter deck with it (yeah, really cheap, didn't really need to buy all those packs, but I get bored easily with the same deck so I'll use them eventually). Got to Rank 10 with it (currently 11 though).

Anyway, I started playing the "expansion" today. Heroic is quite hard. After getting destroyed with my Safari deck, I decided to make a Mage deck specifically for the first boss.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_7222014210054.jpg

I died a little inside.

Hah! Got it. Winning deck:

x2 Ice Lance

x2 Mirror Image

x2 Mana Wyrm

x2 Frostbolt

x1 Mana Wraith (lol?)

x2 Sorcerer's Apprentice

Wild Pyromancer (lol? part 2)

x2 Arcane Intellect

x2 Frost Nova

x2 Ice Barrier

x2 Ice Block

x1 Mirror Entity

x2 Vaporize

x2 Fireball

x2 Azure Drake

x2 Flamestrike

x1 Pyroblast

Basically use your damage spells on the hero, and stall as much as you can. Flamestrike is amazing against that boss because he easily fills the board with 4 (or less) hp minions.

I'm surprised by the difficulty of the heroic mode. Awesome challenge - def not interested in looking at other people's "winning" decks. Going to figure it out as a I go.

My normal control mage beat the first heroic just fine.  Don't have time for more before work.

They should really give the gold cards based on the heroic wins though.  Having to craft them all is pretty crap.