Sign in to follow this  
numbers

War Thunder

Any of you guys play it? seems pretty similar to World of Tanks, but in the sky. I know there is a "World of Planes" as well.

On another note, not sure if i'll return to World of Tanks (I'd have a very hard time playing it without putting $ into it; prefer if it was the league of legends formula where it's purely cosmetic). Hope everyone is doing well, that's still playing it  ;)

I dont play it but know a bit about it.  There will be tanks and warships in it soon(tanks are in beta that you have to *buy* to get into now) and they all fight in the same battles at the same time.  The grind in it is 10x worse than World of xxx games from what people have told me, essentially you absolutely have to pay to level up your crews, vehicles, and other stuff to stay competitive without long ass grinds.  You also have the option of buying additional slots like in World of xxx games but the way War Thunder matches work...the more slots you have the more vehicles you can bring into the battle(their non-historical game mode has respawns) which means that people who buy more slots have an easier time.

Overall it's just a prettier version of WoT/WoWP until both of them receive the HD client update throughout this year.  I do play WoWP since your accounts are the same and linked with free exp/gold and enjoy it. The matches are much shorter than WoT(just under 5 minutes per battle on average) and it's a blast.