Sign in to follow this  
Tender Peaches

NHL Playoffs

6 members have voted

1. 1. Boston Bruins vs Detroit Red Wings & Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Boston, Montreal
    • Boston, Tampa Bay
    • Detroit, Montreal
    • Detroit, Tampa Bay
  2. 2. Pittsburgh Penguins vs Columbus Blue Jackets & New York Rangers vs Philadelpha Flyers

• Pittsburgh, New York
    • Pittsburgh, Philadelphia
    • Columbus, New York
    • Columbus, Philadelphia
  3. 3. Anaheim Ducks vs Dallas Stars & San Jose Sharks vs Los Angeles Kings

• Anaheim, San Jose
    • Anaheim, Los Angeles
    • Dallas, San Jose
    • Dallas, Los Angeles
  4. 4. Colorado Avalanche vs Minnesota Wild & St. Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks

• Colorado, St. Louis
    • Colorado, Chicago
    • Minnesota, St. Louis
    • Minnesota, Chicago

Should be an interesting year. New playoff format means a lot of new matchups. I'll update with poll once the seedings are final.

So far it looks like :

Boston vs Detroit

Montreal vs Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh vs Columbus

Philadelphia vs Rangers

and

Anaheim vs Dallas

Los Angeles vs San Jose

Colorado vs Minnesota

St. Louis vs Chicago

West matchups are far from set in stone, and Dallas vs Phoenix should make for an exciting regular season finale. Whichever team wins gets in the playoffs and the loser goes golfing.

The West is still better than the East. Boston is pretty much the only team in the East that has a realistic shot at the Cup, I don't see the Penguins going very far. Pittsburgh vs whomever of Columbus or Detroit will be fun to watch. Hopefully the Habs' cinderella run will for 16 wins :) .

tl-dr: hockey is good!

East :

Boston in 4

Montreal in 6

Columbus in 7

Philly in 6

West :

Dallas in 7

Kings in 6

Minnesota in 7

Chicago in 5

Boston is OP. Habs will win because I cannot possibly jinx them enough. Columbus gets their long awaited first playoffs series win because Pittsburgh's coach sucks, their goaltender sucks and their secondary scoring sucks. Philly is hot and they don't need goaltenders, on the other hand the Rangers have nothing but a goaltender.

I'm picking Dallas for the upset because Jamie Benn is the hot shit and a healthy Lehtonen is good enough to carry games. I'm really hoping to be wrong on the Kings' pick because I want the Sharks to win it all, but the Kings are one hell of a team. Minnesota upsets Colorado because Colorado's defense is terrible, their possession numbers are among the worst in the league and they're just about due for a crashing down to Earth, Maple Leafs style. I don't think Varlamov's heroics will be enough here. Finally, Chicago disposes of the Blues easily because the Blues have been playing like absolute shit for 2 weeks and half of their roster is on IR, while the other half is sound asleep at the wheel.

Edit : added poll and updated OP

I really don't see how the Wild can beat the Avs... but we'll see.

East :

Boston in 5

Montreal in 6

Columbus in 7

Philly in 7

West :

Anaheim in 5

Kings in 7

Colorado in 5

Chicago in 6

Boston in 5

Tampa in 6

NYR in 6

Pittsburgh in 5

Anaheim in 6

LA in 7

Colorado in 7

Blues in 7

Blues to win the Cup. Too much talent coming back from IR, defense is too good, playoff Miller is a monster.

Well thus far I could hardly be any more off for the west... then again maybe the Kings will pull off 4 in a row and give me reason on my call there. And in the east... well I might still be 3/4 if all goes the way it's going right now.

kings... :o

Well thus far I could hardly be any more off for the west... then again maybe the Kings will pull off 4 in a row and give me reason on my call there. And in the east... well I might still be 3/4 if all goes the way it's going right now.

you called it!

Boston in 5... Price might be able to bail out the Habs for a while but once the Bruins settled after the second there wasn't much the Habs could do except hope for the referees to hand them the game on a silver platter.

It's called overpowering a guy with the puck... and Brière was interferring with Rask~

So because I'm a sore losing cry baby, Boston in 5.

Well if the refs called the game correctly you can be sure Montreal has a lot more than 4 PPs.

That was a surprisingly enjoyable (although completely nerve-wrecking, heartbeat-skipping, nail-biting) game. A lot less dirty bullshit from Boston than I expected. Can't wait for them to go back to their testicle popping ways.

And Boston has more than two. Just saying, that penalty would be a rough call during the regular season. So in overtime in the playoffs... that's just a bad call to make.

PS: Vanek can go sign with the Wild, Montreal doesn't need another Andrei Kostitsyn.

Obviously less interesting to get around to writing this after games have been played, but anyway...

BOS in 6

NYR in 7

CHI in 5

LA in 6

I still can't believe Montreal won. Glad to see Marchand and Lucic lose, fucking weasels. Lucic was so mad during the post-game scrum, it was quite satisfying.

Bring it NYR!!

Montreal outwitted Boston through better defense and better coaching... and better goaltending. Offensive-wise it was pretty on par, although Boston should have had the upper hand.

So kudos to Montreal! Reading the discussions on the rds.ca website is always amusing and full of double standard. Sure go ahead and accuse the Bruins of being sore losers (also, spell it properly please!) but don't be a sore winner though. You won, fair and square... but you'll need not to sit on your success in that series if you want to win the cup. But those are fans, and not the players. I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal wins in 5 and then anything can happen in the finals!

Speaking of major sporting competitions, there's a little thing on in Brazil these days. In many ways it's almost as juiced as baseball but it's still a game I enjoy to watch occasionally. I feel particularly rewarded for watching when it produces feel-good stories such as today's win of the mighty Ivory Coast, coached by some TV presenter with 0 football coaching xp, over Asia champions Japan.