Sign in to follow this  
numbers

Heroes of the Storm

Anyone in alpha? Looks decent enough, I want to give it a shot whenever I get in beta.

Heroes of the Storm = Blizzard moba with a twist

Yeah Blizzard is knocking this one out of the park IMO.  At the very least it should mean LoL/Riot will get off their ass about adding more maps :)

I'll try out beta, but learning another moba while I still regularly play LoL will be kinda disheartening.

Adding maps is quite an issue, I'm not sure I really support it for something like LoL. Each map needs special balancing (which Riot kinda does) and also dilutes the quantity of players in each queue, which makes for longer queue times. They already have a massive e-sports scene which exclusively plays SR, which is the main map for which everything is balanced.

Aside from permanently implementing the 1v1/2v2 map and mode, what they're doing of cycling through special "game modes" is the best option right now.

/opinion

HoTS has a shared queue, you don't pick the map you get a random one.  Also you pick your hero before queuing.  "Best option" is so relative :)

I'm sorry but I actually dislike what you just described :P. But yes, best option is relative, which is why I finished my post with /opinion.

I think, this being Alpha still, they want to get equal playtime on each map to see how they perform.  I expect at launch they will let you thumbs down at least one map like they do in SC2 ladder.

Sorry if the last bit sounded too combative, was just agreeing that it's not for everyone.  Still have a lot of forum in this warrior I guess :)

Oh yeah, I remember why I stopped playing.  There is something with this game that effects my video or network card.  My computer makes that sound when you connect a harddrive or other hardware via USB.  So the game stutters 10 times in a row and then nothing for 5 minutes.  Pretty awesome.