Sign in to follow this  
Keltar ™

New gaming computer

Hopefully another 6 years would be good... most builds I saw suggested 2x 4gb for ram but I figured I could chip in 50$ more and get twice the RAM right away. Other than that, it seems to be a fairly popular type of build. I may end up buying a few extra fans at a local store if I see the need to it.

The only thing I'm hesitating is the case. I have an old Cooler Master and love the case but with the amount of choices out there it feels like they could all be good... or disappointing. :P

Stay away from the Kingston SSD.  I was buying those to upgrade laptops for the company i work at and after about 3 to 6 months they were going out. I just stopped buying those all together.

Try the Segate or Samsung. And then keep your 1tb drive for all your files and use the SSD for the OS.

Fair enough...

Idea is to split the SSD in two partition. One for the OS and basic applications (30gb) and the rest for recent games which could benefit from the faster speeds. The 1TB drive would have older games, or non competitive games should space run low on the gaming partition of the SSD.

And is Windows 10 worth it, or is it best to stick to 7 for now?

Windows 10 i would say is worth it.  Its mainly alot of little changes but the small changes make my work easier.

Such as the dashboard has been shrunk down and added to the start menu location so you dont have to feel like you need a touch screen to use.

They brought back a taskbar for every monitor you have so you dont have to keep going back to one monitor to launch another computer.

So far I am liking what they have done for windows 10.

Edit:  Its also a free upgrade.