Sign in to follow this  
Arishem

Overwatch

It's pretty entertaining so far.  It has a very TF2ish feel with some MOBA elements like hero-specific abilities with cooldowns and ultimate abilities that charge as you take/deal damage.  Considering the 2 games I've spent the most time playing in the last 5 years are TF2 and LoL, it isn't that surprising that I've enjoyed it so far.  As far as other FPS go, I doubt it will win much of the CS/CoD/BF crowds over, but I don't think thats the market they're going for.  Hero designs are pretty varied and interesting.  There are 4 main groups of heroes (offense, defense, tanks, and support) but there is quite a bit of variety within those classifications so no two heroes play exactly alike even if they have similar roles.

Sounds about right. They already had a small tournament just to sort of show off the game and have some fun with it. I like that there are so many different combinations of characters to play with, though I tend to stick with certain ones on each map.

Yeah, the game seems to want you to change heroes often instead of just picking one and playing it the entire match like in a MOBA.  A lot of the heroes can seem pretty OP until you realize how some of the others counter them.  For example, Bastion does a fuck ton of damage in turret mode and has a front-facing shield that makes it basically impossible to directly approach him without getting mowed down, but some of the more mobile characters like Genji or Pharah can easily flank and kill him and he can't really do anything about it.  

Didn't get into Beta, but did participate in the weekend stress test they had. I must say I found the game rather enjoyable, though I also like games such as TF2 and Dirty Bomb (which I am playing now). Already pre-ordered. Favorite Hero/Champ/Whatever is Hanzo by far, followed by Widowmaker.

Hey guys, been a long time (3 years?). I was in beta for a weekend a few weeks back. Played a ton of Symmetra. I'll probably be playing at release. I'll try to check back here more often.

Was talking to someone about Travian and Global Agenda the other day and decided I should stop by and stalk the forums for a bit. :D

I already Pre-ordered. Didn't get beta invite unfortunately will a bunch of you be playing regularly? I'd like to play in premades as opposed to randoms seeing as how team comp affects win/loss so much.

I haven't pre-ordered yet because I want to make sure my interest doesn't fall off during the beta, but at this point I definitely plan on playing it quite a bit.

If you are in the beta, they delayed opening it back up until February. Blizzard hasn't announced what part of Feb, but they are putting some finishing touches on a new game mode.