Jovan

History of IC/Einherjar?

What the fuck NJ is a biomed hub? Did boston get sick of one shitty nanny state and move into another? Not that I can say anything I live in westchester now.

I remember some of those threads with vaccines and climate change and shit and being like... its not fucking science if you read it on facebook you fucks. 

Carny - where at in NJ? Got a few of us around.

I'm in central jersey, near Princeton. Yep its a biomed hub. Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Bristol-Meyers, Novo Nordisk, etc. This area of jersey has the most scientists per square mile in the world.

Wow, just wow. For some reason I have not been able to find this webby anymore, says it is broken when I search it in google. Well booked marked now. Good to see some old faces.

Mac I had the same issue for a while there it was giving a database error for like a month or so. I pop my head in about once a week here myself. very few of us active these days. At least on the forums anyway.

Hey RiceJ. Been a long while what are you up to these days, last I remember you were married with child, unless  my memory has failed. Where is Earlburt, Bergz, MoP,? Deity I was in NYC for a couple days just before xmas hanging with family. Got a son graduating HS this year and another couple years behind. I keep retiring only to just get back in so I don't think I will ever actually retire. 

Been poking around Eve a little more lately, and LoL. My kids play it an dragged me into it. Watched the LCS and got to say, was better than football this year. So if you pop in eve look me up Rak Macen, or LoL Morality0.

Next time you are through, let me know!

I haven't jumped into LoL for awhile. Been playing The Division a lot for the past few weeks.

And for those that didn't know, I'm going to be dad come end of April!

Congrats Deity and welcome to the world of parenting. Its a slow grind to max out at lvl 18. The Campaign is best completed in Duo mode as single player mode is extremely difficult. If you can add more NPC's I suggest the Grand Parents. They are high level and will assist a lot, just have to guide them alot and ask often.

Next time I am up that way will give you more notice and look forward to a beer and catching up.

Congrats Deity and welcome to the world of parenting. Its a slow grind to max out at lvl 18. The Campaign is best completed in Duo mode as single player mode is extremely difficult. If you can add more NPC's I suggest the Grand Parents. They are high level and will assist a lot, just have to guide them alot and ask often.

Next time I am up that way will give you more notice and look forward to a beer and catching up.

Well more people than me apparently still check this forum!  Apparently I only check when I'm transferring my bookmarks to a new computer. 

Hi people.

Hey RiceJ. Been a long while what are you up to these days, last I remember you were married with child, unless  my memory has failed. Where is Earlburt, Bergz, MoP,? Deity I was in NYC for a couple days just before xmas hanging with family. Got a son graduating HS this year and another couple years behind. I keep retiring only to just get back in so I don't think I will ever actually retire. 

Been poking around Eve a little more lately, and LoL. My kids play it an dragged me into it. Watched the LCS and got to say, was better than football this year. So if you pop in eve look me up Rak Macen, or LoL Morality0.

Not a lot is different, up to 2 kids (and that'll be it!).  Still working for the same employer for the last 8+ years, and I now manage a team of 8 people.  Good times.

Also obsessed with gardening (of the veggie and fruit variety) so half-heartedly looking for a place with more land.

You don't remember that being the deal-breaker because you had, as you said, already started ignoring the meta-organisation, focusing exclusively on EVE. It had been a few years that I hadn't had the gaming hours to hold anything together through sheer presence, so conversely 100% of my attention was on the meta-organisation, which I wanted set up for long-term survival. Certainly didn't have all the answers, but certain concepts seemed key and obvious:

- Loyalty requires value provided by the organisation to its members

- A healthy cross-section of well-supported divisions in a variety of games, where somewhat similar values are embraced, was the easiest way to provide value

- Division leaders who work together to uphold those values creates long-term sustainability

- Consistent recruitment practices provide stability to the values of each division

- A modern website with features that support these principles greatly alleviate the necessary workload

Thanks for sharing that actually.

I could be wrong about this - it's been years since I've last played games to any competitive degree - but this list is a hark back to early 2000s clan-based gaming sphere. There were clans with hundreds of players across many games - Counter-Strike, Starcraft, Age of Empires and other games on MSN Gaming Zone. These days I see less of that because the popular games tend to be very small player wise.

Of course it doesn't help that most of us are now 30+ and have little to no time to really invest into gaming to the degree that we once did. I'm hoping some day the tide changes and the communities of old keep lineage in some way and allow new members to integrate into them, rather than just being walled off gardens for players of old (think in terms of hundreds-of-years of WWW existence kind of thing).

Happy to see folks in this thread. Any word on the other SG communities?

2.5 weeks away from baby time!

What makes you so sure? Booked a CS? If not, 1st borns are ~ 1 week overdue on average.

Back to the topic of gaming communities, let me report on the the state of affairs in the dofus community. Here, the splintering of guilds and servers has lead Ankama (publishers of dofus and various other, typically french entertainment) to 

1. introduce alliances (clans of guilds) and wars between them over territory, to replace the static 2 party war between red and white wings,
  2. introduce inter-server pvp (first 3-vs-3 and now also 1-vs-1) with matchmaking across all servers, and
  3. merge all english-speaking servers next Tuesday to increase player density; same for groups of ~ 5 french servers each etc.

For once I think they're doing the right thing here. I don't play other games so I don't know how much of that is copied. What's good is that they finally understood that there's nothing worse than running through a void without meeting anyone when it's meant to be a MMORPG. And that happened all too often, especially on the smaller, newer servers that will be merged with our home server, Rushu.

Perhaps MMO games have lost their role as pre-cursors to modern social networks. People can have the same social cohesion without having to beat up pixels and, whenever they feel like it, do some casual gaming on the side.

Not sure if anyone remembers me here (I certainly see some familiar names!)...had to register again.

Was just thinking of picking up a new game and thought about checking what's happening with the Eve group here, was pleasantly surprised to come across this thread. Thought I'd say hi as well :) 

I may log in to Eve and see what its like nowadays, Acheron are you still active? 

Sup SB.

@VU - My wife went into delivery on the due date at 11 PM and she had our little guy on the next...which also happened to be my birthday. We were certainly expecting to deliver at least a week late. Pleasantly surprised.

Congrats Deity, welcome to no sleep and fatherhood. I am putting one in college this summer and the other one has two more years. Kids are wonderful. Remember there are no bad kids, just bad parents for the most part.

Congrats, the fun begins now. Lots of fun inbound. Just remember to keep track of the sleep you miss now. Then when they are older as a joke give him a bill and say this is how many hours you cost us when you were born.