Sign in to follow this  
ToeReaper

Looking for a new mouse

So my old logitech mouse finally blew up...the sensor on the bottom no longer works. So I am stuck with my old ball rolling mouse which is a pain in the ass since I no longer have a pad. I was looking at the Razer Mamba to replace it. I will most likely be pre ordering StarCraft 2 game soon and wondered if that would be the mouse to go with. I have read up on it a little and Logitech apparently has the best technology at the moment but not sure what the big difference is between a "regular" mouse and a gaming mouse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I still use a Logitech MX518 that I've had for years. I've never used a Razer mouse, but they are supposed to be good. Don't really have time to keep up with gaming hardware anymore.

I have the G9 and I love it. Can switch profiles on the fly, has the left/right/center clickable mousewheel (look it up... its a great feature), can adjust the weight and grip depending on what you are doing, and fits just right in my hand either way. So... I can personally recommend anything in the G series.

Razer has a great rep. I had borrowed one for a few days (Death Adder iirc) and the palm area was just a bit too thin and tacky for me. Some people love the more sticky rubberized grip, some don't.

I'd recommend going to local electronics stores with some on display. For example, you should be able to feel a couple Razers and Logitech G# at Best Buy.

I've been using a Logitech G5 8 hours a day 5 days a week for 3 years and i love it. And I have the same mouse at home and i love it even more for gaming. And because i'm anal i have the same keyboard at work as i do at home (Microsoft comfort curve keyboard 2000)

Oh... and by "profiles" I meant switching dpi with little buttons on the mouse (aside from macro buttons). The thing goes from 200 to 3200 dpi. I find that the ability to have 2k+ dpi is a good gaming mouse. Having precise control for micro'n units can be advantageous.

Why I love my g9...

http://www.logitech.com/en-my/66/3655

And the g9x is up to 5700 dpi.

That thing looks like it should be in Michael Bays' Tranformers movies. Envy please bless me with your knowledge of mice. But anyways I went with the Mamba and bought if off amazon so if I don't like it, it will be going right back. Most likely will look into the logitech MX series if that is the case. I will let you all know how it performs. Should be getting it in the afternoon tomorrow.

I've had a logitech for years until it died a few months ago... now I have the Logitech Performance MX and I enjoy it very much.

What I disliked about my previous mouse was that I had to put the mouse on a little stand to recharge it, and after years of use the charger was a bit tricky to get to work. Sometimes it wouldn't charge and you'd have to toy with it to get it to work, thank god for the lights showing it is charging though.

This mouse has a USB cable that plugs in the front to recharge; way more convenient imo and also if you somehow go out of juice without realizing (you'd have to be kinda blind though) you can plug it and still use it like a wired mouse.

The rest is good on it, imo. Lots of buttons so you can use binds with it in some games.

I still have my 7 yr old Razer Diamondback. Its scroll wheel was buggy a few months ago. I just opened it and removed all the dust and crap, and it's now working like new.

If you like low profile mice, I would recommend the old Razer Diamondback (think its now the Diamondback 3G). Should be pretty affordable if you can still find it.

I'm currently using the Logitech wireless gaming mouse. Got it mainly because of the button setting and onboard memory so that I can use it both on my PC and Mac. Only downside is that the battery (rechargeable AA) drains pretty fast when gaming and its a little pricey.