Caut

Shattered Galaxy

By the way any accounts with pr 13 or more that dont mind being played by Cola?? Really want to play a game and apparently Mythic has deleted my Warhammer account!

I see only 1872 listed heroes in the warroom now, so looks like down below the 1000 subscribers that I believe was the break even point for SG. Any word about shutting it down yet?

Subscriber numbers actually skyrocketed for the June 15 reincarnation and I assume many of those won't be resubbing in a couple of days.

My assumption is that the game is operating in the red but KRU is keeping it active because it's the only game in their portfolio that has ever won any kind of award or garnered legitimate attention. It's safe to say that Robo Smasher never matured into a revolutionary gaming experience

They didn't know how to after they lost TSP and That Other Guy. The game is coded entirely in Korean and apparently the commenting is extremely sparse and terrible Korean in it's own right.

KRU is the same inept company as Nexon USA. SG was set up for failure at launch because it was available at practically retail quality for free for like...three years during open beta. People were reluctant to pay for a game many were already starting to burn out on.

HoN is a bit different since the core game is available for free anyway in DoTA, but when SG when pay to play they had no effective trial model until Ach and Cres (?) pitched the "full power until a certain level" mechanic years later.

Fun fact: that model is now used in almost every major MMO. I'm pretty sure it started in SG.

Anyway, TSP was basically some random enigma and total rockstar. Once he got poached (I think he works for EA Online Korea still) there was no one left who could even work the patcher let alone the game.

I still have my SG collectors edition box that I won in a contest that had Abom codes in it as well as TSP's signature on the front of the box. I think it's molding up in storage.

The funeral hasn't happened yet, but this chat of circling vultures actually sounds like the real thing is finally getting close. Anyone want to make the prediction that SG will be dead and finally in 1 year yet?

Do I still get grandfathered private access because of SG even though I'm not playing it?

I figure we've all been waiting or it to finally die for a long time, but old MMOs can linger indefinitely. It is amazing how long something can just sit running on an antiquated server somewhere as long as it is stable.

It's funny that people still let kru use the "Code is in korean~" excuse. I've recently got the full source code to a Korean MMO (insecure ftp lol), and i'ts easy to understand what everything does after using google translate.

Even the comments are readable, like so.

This file contains a summary of what you will find in each of the files that

make up your NPCServer application.

NPCServer.cpp

This is the main application source file.

NPCServer.dsp

This file (the project file) contains information at the project level and

is used to build a single project or subproject. Other users can share the

project (.dsp) file, but they should export the makefiles locally.

KRU had no intention of working on SG from the start. They wanted to do their own thing (Anime style games like robosmasher and that baseball one whatever). They just needed a portfolio game (AKA not a huge piece of shit) to get them money for a few years while they developed it.

It's actually still fun if you don't mind joining the noobs and others for battles. More CTDs than before though. Apparently some can make it CTD on purpose...

I re-downloaded this and gave it a try again out of boredom :-p

anyone got a legit regiment I can join? still in Knights, lol.

Anyways noticed there are a lot of chinese players now, at least they are keeping the game afloat :)

Funny thing, my bro Gabe(DarkSpaz) asked me last night for the codes to renew his account. Apparently the fact that he hasn't upgraded his ghasts to revs is vexing him.