Jayrock

TV Show Recommendations

I'm enjoying Vikings. Not the best show ever, but if you like that culture, it's enjoyable.

Also Game Of Thrones starts on the 31st, woot.

Not sure if I'm going to grab HBO for just this again this year. Show must not be good enough to motivate me. :P

The Following sucks.

Badly. Kevin Bacon should have been killed 12441234 times already.

Not sure if I'm going to grab HBO for just this again this year. Show must not be good enough to motivate me. :P

Badly. Kevin Bacon should have been killed 12441234 times already.

Wow.  I really am enjoying the Following. Yes there are some stupid reactions and such, but the writing and story are very interesting.

Well, in my opinion the third book was considerably superior to book 1 and 2 (only surpassed by book 5... so far), so yeah, you should reconsider.

Well, in my opinion the third book was considerably superior to book 1 and 2 (only surpassed by book 5... so far), so yeah, you should reconsider.

This.   

They are breaking the 3rd book into two seasons, and they will prolly be the two best seasons of the series.  

there is always other sites  once can acquire shows, if one does not have access to hbo.  However if I did have access to HBO i would gladly pay. I wish you could subscribe to just the channels you want like HBO go and use the app.

I don't know if television has gotten unusually good or if my standards for quality television are slacking, but I now watch a shitton of shows:

breaking bad (back in 2 months)

game of thrones (back in a week)

the borgias (back in 2 weeks)

the americans

the following

justified

mad men

downton abbey (fuck you, its good, well it was until season 3)

homeland

walking dead

boardwalk empire

sons of anarchy

Under the Dome had a lot of hype and build-up. The book was decent, long, but decent. The only thing that kept me reading was the hatred that King could make you feel about the main antagonist, Big Jim Rennie and his son. So far, the tv series has taken a totally different turn from the book and I've nearly lost all my interest in it.

On the third season of Star Trek: TNG. Wesley bugs the shit out of me and needs to die in a fire. Troi bugs me more than Wesley and needs to be scarred for life after surviving the horrendous fire that killed Wesley. She then can die of Alzheimer's, going crazy because she doesn't know that she's has telepathy. Otherwise, fun show... I kind of like TOS better, though...

DS9 is still the best Star Trek. It's not even close; the only thing that TNG has going for it is Picard. 

I've always felt this way. DS9 was far more character driven and was simply written better. When TNG was good, it was really good. (Borg storyline, Klingon/Romulan War storyline, a few of the eps in seasons 6&7.) But most of the time, it just wasn't very good. And you're right about Picard. He made the show for me to the point that I'm not only a raving fan of Picard, but also of Patrick Stewart. I'll watch anything with him in it.

I hated Riker, was ambivalent toward Troi, loathed Wesley, liked Beverly, Data, and Worf for the most part, and was mixed toward LaForge.

OK  Burn Notice is comming to an end,  Doctor Who doesnt start until November. Been thinking of watching Defiance.  Mostly watching various anime now, but I want something the wife can watch with me. And if anyone says Duck Dynasty I live in Oklahoma I see enough Redkneckery in real life I dont need it on tv.

And Yes DS9  4tw.   Patrick Stewart is great. Along with Data, Worf, and I loved the episodes with Q. I will every once in a while search for a list with all Q episodes and watch them.

Oh wow. Attack on Titan is really awesome! Thanks you sexy beast.

I saw it on Hulu, Funimation and the sort. I just downloaded the HD stuff.