match 1: Vain v Envy

match 2: Scubabond v Scubafit

match 3: Damhnaic v Drackooner

match 4: VVV v ToeReaper

match 5: Deity v Gazarsgo

match 6: xPsYcHoTiKx v Drogith

match 7: Schatzman v Wolfbite

match 8: Ulrith v Tender Peaches

Play the first map on Lost Temple, after that loser picks the map, any of the standard Blizzard maps are fair game. Play best 2 out of 3 games, save replays is optional. We'll move to the next rounds ASAP, and as we get results in I'll start a google spreadsheet to show standings. If you run into a scheduling problem PM me or gazarsgo and we'll try to sort it out.

Standings:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AoLwgdIhgWvfdG42VlpjWWp6aGdZZXVXWjFrem1Kd1E&hl=en&output=html

i'm in

swiss or single elim ? 2 out of 3 until finals 3 out of 5? loser picks map, first match on lost temple (or whatever, i forget what the most 'even' map is) ?

i guess we don't need to worry about swiss unless we get like 16 people...

i'm in

swiss or single elim ? 2 out of 3 until finals 3 out of 5? loser picks map, first match on lost temple (or whatever, i forget what the most 'even' map is) ?

i guess we don't need to worry about swiss unless we get like 16 people...

What's Swiss? We'll probably start this next week once (lets people learn the game first) we see how many we have & decide rules then. Most importantly, I just want everyone to have fun.

We'll probably do single-elimination for this one; The hope is to get around 16 people so we can line up the games relatively easily (without having to worry about 'byes').

I don't want to do these events too often, but enough to get people excited for them (would be great to actually have a prize for it). But for the next tournament... we can do (once we get an idea for how good everyone is), we can break the teams up into 2v2's based on skill (give a decent player to someone who is relatively new)

Err. sorry. xD I saw this in the side-bar and assumed it was Dofus. x_x Didn't notice it was Starcraft - I don't own it. ;.;

Come on Sydney! You should hop(e) on StarCraft II with us all!

I'd be down, but I'm leaving for Anaheim for 5 days tomorrow.

plus it looks like you all got a nice group of 8 there.

Wouldn't want to ruin that.

i suck at this too much to be in a tourney

It's still fun to play and learn from the other guys. Who knows, numbers might be worse than you and you steam roll him.

I'm down as long as I don't make it an odd number =P I'm also equally bad, (haven't been able to beat a normal computer in skirmish yet). Although to be fair I did just buy it and start playing yesterday.

I'd like 16; currently @ 11 (including VVV, which is a no go for the next 5 days). I'd be shocked if pep/cres/vd didn't want to partake in this, I'll ask when I see them online.

I think that the Swiss-style tournament format that Gaz suggested would work infinitely better for a tourney like this and is more reminiscent of the EHJ 6-Team Winter SG Season which, if you were not around at the time, was INCREDIBLE. Definitely my personal golden age for EHJ-SG

If you want a solid 4/8 bracket with some teeth behind it, you can also use the standings from the Swiss tourney to create playoff seedings easily

How many times would each group play against themselves before playing the next group? I'm not too familar with it, if you'd like to explain it further.

#'s below do not corespond with the first page #'s.. just wanting to understand the format.

Group A

Group B

Group C

Group D

OR

Group A

Group B