Cres

SG port

I'll throw my hat in the ring, lemme know what I can do. Might not have a ton of spare time, but I code for a living in C++ and various other silly proprietary languages.

I don't have any formal training in any coding languages but i have messed around with autohotkey and autoit scripting, if i can be of any help let me know, most of my experience is with a proprietary software

I used to do a ton of map-making in starcraft 1 back in the day(when I was in middle school.) It should be fairly straightforward with the triggers to be able to set things up. I was able to figure it out as a 12 year old by just opening a preexisting map and seeing how it worked while having no coding experience or anything.

That said, my days of spending hours upon hours in one of those editors is definately over, zero desire whatsoever.

I know (and suck at) entry level OOP Java but I'm strong with Photoshop (including scalable/vectorized gfx for in game stuff), have working knowledge of Illustrator, and have access to the full Adobe CS5 suite so let me know if there's any graphical stuff you need.

I know (and suck at) entry level OOP Java but I'm strong with Photoshop (including scalable/vectorized gfx for in game stuff), have working knowledge of Illustrator, and have access to the full Adobe CS5 suite so let me know if there's any graphical stuff you need.

Why haven't I heard of this before?!

I used to do a ton of map-making in starcraft 1 back in the day(when I was in middle school.) It should be fairly straightforward with the triggers to be able to set things up. I was able to figure it out as a 12 year old by just opening a preexisting map and seeing how it worked while having no coding experience or anything.

That said, my days of spending hours upon hours in one of those editors is definately over, zero desire whatsoever.

The triggers are a lot more complex than they used to be.

Which port? A4?

I'd love to help out as I spent quite a bit of time playing with the original SC map editor and it was a lot of fun. Sadly, I do not own SC2 yet. Best of luck to y'all. Maybe I'll buy SC2 just to play this port.

Also, Cres... you tried to get ahold of me?

I know basic C++ coding (and other less known and useful engines), and I am capable of map design. I also don't mind doing the boring stuff. However, I don't own the game, nor would it be easy for me to buy it. So before making the decision of buying SC2 for this, can you tell me how will the game work, or rather, how similar to SG will it be? Is it something like, pre-game you select stats and units, and then play some kind of standard 12vs12 battle, or are the stats/units already set, or are you capable of actually emulating the RPG aspects of character progression (although I really don't mind not having said progression; we all know how much I LOVED leveling :P). Basically, what are the things from SG that you're going to emulate exactly?

Also, fuck you bitch, I haven't heard from you in so long. I don't care if it goes both ways! Nice to see you again :P.

You spawn and pick one of 5 stat sets. You are given access to a stable of units with exactly the stats they would have using the stats you picked, at level 60. You reinforce any combination of these level 60 units you desire, and using them, you play a victory battle in a 7v7 setting, which is as far as we know the upper limit of players in a game. There are plans for other variations later on as well as more advanced feature but this is the basic experience I can pretty much promise.

That sounds quite good for a start. I'll see if I can get the game any time soon. Is there something I can help with without owning the game?

i'm not sure how viable/functional it is but there are some cracked versions floating around the interwebs for those that don't have it... anything that requires auth with blizz of course doesn't work, so i'm not sure about the map editor

That sounds quite good for a start. I'll see if I can get the game any time soon. Is there something I can help with without owning the game?

Earlier there were some unit stats to design but it seems that all statsets have been assigned to people already. What's left is mostly coding and data entry, both of which would require the editor.

I'd love to help too, but my programming experience is fairly limited.

*I* don't have the game but my wife has it, so I do have access to the map builder.

On another note, here's something anyone can help with: we still need a name for the map. The map name is what appears in the long list of custom games so we need an eye-grabber.

An idea for the name, while maybe not a direct suggestion.

The game was SHATTERED Galaxy. Why not have a name like Resurgent Galaxy, Rehabilitated Galaxy, Emerging Galaxy or something along those lines to point out that the Galaxy which was shattered is now unified. Unified Galaxy!

Just an idea which I thought could be interesting...

US players sound fed up with the largely macro-based style of play that the game enforces (partially, I think, is because it's so easy to defend against enemy aggression at nearly any stage). You spend 15 minutes maybe doing some economy harass and macroing and then the whole game can be over in a second once the blobbed armies collide

I think you can sell neo-SG is an intense, small scale and heavily micro focused control point game. YouTube videos of the Korean-server SC2 games showcase how much fun the game looks when it's a balls out, fuck my economy because I want to win every second kind of game. It's infinitely more exciting. The comment box below any of the Korean game casts is a constant stream of American players crying that they can't have the same experience. This could be BIG if you make your name synonymous with that micro-rewarding kind of game I think. If you don't have the RPG progression aspect of the game, I think you need to add an instant mastery goal for players that's apparent within the first 20 seconds of looking at the blurb or website.