Cres

SG port

Name it... Shattered Galaxy. It will catch the eye of anyone who has played before. This game is based on another one, so mention it to the right people and it's gonna advertise itself.

ShatteredCraft

ShatterCraft

just looking for a quick combo of the two. I think ShatterCraft rolls off the tongue pretty nicely.

I like "Terminus Conflict", but it doesn't really get the point across. The name length cap seems to be pretty long, so maybe "SG: Nonstop Combat" and we can come up with what SG stands for later.

Anything with Galaxy doesn't fit as this isn't an MMO unless we add a secondary title to scope it. So I like the idea of something that has something to do with SG like MZ suggested, yet sounds fine on it's own.

Shattered Grounds

Shattered Grounds of Terminus

Shattered Galaxy: The Battle for Terminus

Shattered Galaxy: Battle for Crater Valley

Battlefield: Terminus. (obvious spin off of Battlefield the game, not the stupid movie, and fact that the victory system was battlefield inspired)

Terminus Armageddon

Shattered Galaxy: The Rise of the Ituron Cavalry (one side is the rebellious Ituron Cavalry uprising against the corrupt government of Talis) -- can also replace with Einherjar

Einherjar 2150: The Battle for Valhalla

I would love to help, but might have a problem trying to do anything useful on my Linux-only home machine.

Also, if you start getting anywhere and want to expand the group of people contributing, you might want to drop a line to the guys at Penny Arcade. SG was one of the 1st games they ever advertised and they still have a soft spot for the concept.

Also also, "Shattered Star" (or "Shattered Stars") immediately suggests itself for a name.

Thanks for the PA tip. I had forgotten the ad campaign. I'll definitely attempt to make use of that once the map is ready for publication.

I have plenty of coding experience, but sadly starting in a few days I will have negative amounts of spare time for a while. Damn timing. Once its finished I'll definitely try to play some.

Also, name it Shattered Pants: Russell's Revenge. Do eet.

Also also, hi Jizzlick :wub:

I actually started a map two weeks ago. It's far from being done because I only worked on it for few hours. I just published it as "Get Off Our POC" so that you guys can take a look. There are obvious issues like no AI yet and POC-blocking-structures. And I know of one glitch but I'll keep that as a secret for now.

You can't get any persistence really. Make it on the spring engine or something.

I don't know about this. I've seen a few custom maps pop up with a notification of "#name has made it to X level!", so there's something somewhere that can be saved.

I don't know about this. I've seen a few custom maps pop up with a notification of "#name has made it to X level!", so there's something somewhere that can be saved.

No. You can save stuff using save/load code hashing, however, nothing's stopping me from creating anything I want using that mechanism. It would also be impossible to have territories etc.

Well actually it is possible, but you'd need third party servers to host each individual game, and report the results. Then the server would switch to hosting a possible battle map.

would also need to monitor what faction every player chooses, and kick them from the game if they don't choose it the next time they play.

Overall it will be a huge pain in the ass for mediocre results.

Like Troy said. It's meant to be a maxed regi-battle generator. What we're looking into these days is the possibility of a map reporting its results to an external server to generate a browser-based map reflecting the outcome of all battles. Faction allegiance would be managed purely outside of SC2, with any new battlenet ID playing the map for the first time automatically getting assigned to an undermanned faction. But those are concerns for another point in time entirely.

By the way... "PoC: Shattered Galaxy" being the name of the first map, and every subsequent map "PoC: Something Else"