Sign in to follow this  
ScubaFit

Promoted all four diamonds

Just got my diamond league rank promo in 1v1 tonight.

Had to beat 1200+ diamond opponents at least 50% of the time while maintaining 75% win ratio against top platinums.

Zerg is my 1v1 race and ZvT is my strongest matchup.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1054418/1/zAndreas/

Day9 has been the most valuable for me as a teacher.

If anyone wants to practice with, I'm down.

My strat vs Terran:

15 hatchery

14 pool

13 extractor

Pop some queens and a few lings. Use lings for scouting. Hopefully you can get an idea of what he's going for.

Double rax means I need a lot more lings

1 rax + 1 factory means I probably need roach for helions or a couple more queens to deal with potential banshees

Early terran expo, I can tech to mutas and go for my third while I harass.

And a lot of it has to do with unit positioning. Always spread creep, attack from multiple angles. Let him fight on your creep, etc.

Got any specific questions?

Watch out against protoss now.

I think after this latest MLG more people are going to start blocking off ramps with 2 pylons then cannoning you in.

I tried this out tonight against a diamond zerg and handled him pretty easily. (I'm in silver)

oh and congrats obviously.

I changed my name everyone by the way.. Moerauwdurr is my new name so if you see me and are going "who the fuck is this" .. now you know.

Watch out against protoss now.

I think after this latest MLG more people are going to start blocking off ramps with 2 pylons then cannoning you in.

I tried this out tonight against a diamond zerg and handled him pretty easily. (I'm in silver)

oh and congrats obviously.

I changed my name everyone by the way.. Moerauwdurr is my new name so if you see me and are going "who the fuck is this" .. now you know.

I was wondering about that. I have also had a change. I was recently promoted as well, from gold to... silver? WTF! See folks, this is what happens when you switch to terran for a month (lose a bunch of games) and then go back to protoss after 2 patches (lose a few more games). Shit... I wonder what this does for my street cred...

even better im a 2500 rated bronze leaguer now! woooo. I a good 400 points ahead of anyone in my league and usually only lose to high gold low plat matchups.. Still no promo, but I am now given up on that. I will settle for rank 1 of something.

even better im a 2500 rated bronze leaguer now! woooo. I a good 400 points ahead of anyone in my league and usually only lose to high gold low plat matchups.. Still no promo, but I am now given up on that. I will settle for rank 1 of something.

Nice nice :D

NICE JOB! I bet you could bet me 75% of the time now :( The ladder system is really skewed right now and a lot of the guys in bronze should be ranked in higher divisions than they are. If they ever do a ladder reset, that will change things.